PDA

View Full Version : This is why McDonald’s Coke tastes better than every other fast food chain

Teh One Who Knocks
11-10-2016, 01:13 PM
By CHARLOTTE BURNS - The Sun

http://i.imgur.com/odRPicO.jpg

IF you’ve ever supped a Coca-Cola from a McDonald’s machine, you may have wondered why it tastes better than from other restaurants.

Some say the drink is more palatable because they put more syrup into the mixture, while others think that as McDonald’s food is so salty, it makes you thirsty – which makes the soda taste better.

However this is not the case, with McDonald’s answering the long debated question on its website.

The site states that it follows the guidelines set by Coca-Cola and takes steps to ensure it tastes the same as when you buy it in a bottle.

A McDonald’s spokesperson said: “Despite the speculation, there is no secret formula to our recipe. We’re delighted to hear that our customers enjoy drinking our Coca-Cola.”

The fast food giant ensures its syrups and drink fountain is ice cold. Insulated tubing is run from the back refrigeration unit all the way to the front and drive-through units.

The soda water is constantly recirculated through this tubing system so that it can remain between 33-38 degrees (just above freezing) at all times.

Keeping this water chilled is necessary to maintain superior CO2 levels, which means that it can become more carbonated. Better soda water ultimately makes for a crisper fizzy drink.

McDonald’s said on its website: “The water and Coca-Cola syrup are pre-chilled before entering our fountain dispensers with the ratio of syrup set up to allow for ice to melt.

“We also keep our fountain beverage system cold so your drink can always be at the peak of refreshing.”

McDonald’s invests a fair amount of money to ensure that each of its restaurants has a high-end water filtration system.

It said: “In order to ensure our drinks are always meeting a gold standard, we have proper filtration methods in place.”

It’s not just the technical machines – something as simple as the size of the straw makes all the difference too.

McDonald’s revealed: “There’s also our straw – it’s slightly wider than a typical straw, so all that Coke taste can hit all your taste buds.”

deebakes
11-10-2016, 01:46 PM
:homer:

DemonGeminiX
11-10-2016, 03:54 PM
I haven't had a coke in over a decade. I haven't been to Mickey Dee's in at least 2 decades.

redred
11-10-2016, 04:33 PM
The fast food giant ensures its syrups and drink fountain is ice cold. Insulated tubing is run from the back refrigeration unit all the way to the front and drive-through units.

The soda water is constantly recirculated through this tubing system so that it can remain between 33-38 degrees (just above freezing) at all times.

Keeping this water chilled is necessary to maintain superior CO2 levels, which means that it can become more carbonated. Better soda water ultimately makes for a crisper fizzy drink.

i hate to break it to you , i install beer and soft drinks and this is how everyone does it :lol:

deebakes
11-10-2016, 05:40 PM
doesn't seem like it :shrug:

Goofy
11-10-2016, 06:30 PM
Last time i was at McDs i had a vanilla milkshake :homer:

Godfather
11-11-2016, 02:19 AM
Not sure I agree on the coke part, but I want to know why their ketchup tastes better than at home? Is it just because it's old and warm? :lol: I swear they put extra sugar in it or something.

deebakes
11-11-2016, 02:23 AM
:homer: