PDA

View Full Version : Ben Carson Says He'll Help Plan Obamacare Replacement

Teh One Who Knocks
11-10-2016, 02:05 PM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/VNud1br.jpg

Former Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson announced on Nov. 9 that he will help craft the replacement of Obamacare for President-elect Donald Trump.

"I think the replacement obviously must come first and it must be something that is very appealing and easy to understand," Carson told POLITICO. "And then, only then, would you dismantle what’s in place."

Carson also confirmed that he would have a part in designing the new plan: "Yes, of course."

During the same interview, Carson defended Trump: "I think actually a lot of the people who have tried to demonize him will be quite shocked when they see who he really is. He’ll be a very easy person to work with as long as you’re reasonable, as long as you’re fair."

Carson was asked about Trump's campaign promise to assign a special prosecutor to investigate and jail Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton.

"That certainly should not be the first thing on one’s list," Carson said. "The concept of liberty and justice for all is important. Having standards that apply to everybody in the society obviously is an important thing."

PorkChopSandwiches
11-10-2016, 03:41 PM
I liked Ben ,not for president. But he would be a good addition to Trumps cabinet

Muddy
11-10-2016, 04:14 PM
I liked Ben ,not for president. But he would be a good addition to Trumps cabinet

He'll make a great surgeon general.. :mrgreen:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-10-2016, 04:16 PM
He probably should be appointed as the head of Health and Human Services department.

deebakes
11-10-2016, 05:38 PM
:tup:

Hikari Kisugi
11-10-2016, 06:16 PM

Is he not the gimp who doesn't believe in evolution, and is a creationist?

PorkChopSandwiches
11-10-2016, 06:25 PM
:lol: Thats why I wouldn't want him to be president, but he is a doctor

deebakes
11-10-2016, 06:29 PM
:hand: he just plays one on tv :nono:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-10-2016, 06:30 PM
:lol: Thats why I wouldn't want him to be president, but he is a doctor

Not just a doctor, but an amazing one:

Benjamin Solomon "Ben" Carson, Sr. (born September 18, 1951) is a surgeon.

Born in Detroit, Michigan, and a graduate of Yale University and the University of Michigan Medical School, Carson has authored numerous books on his medical career and political stances, and was the subject of a television drama film in 2009.

He was the Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Maryland from 1984 until his retirement in 2013. As a pioneer in neurosurgery, Carson's achievements include performing the first and only successful separation of Siamese twins joined at the back of the head, pioneering the first successful neurosurgical procedure on a fetus inside the womb, performing the first completely successful separation of type-2 vertical craniopagus twins, developing new methods to treat brain-stem tumors and reviving hemispherectomy techniques for controlling seizures. Carson became the youngest chief of pediatric neurosurgery in the country at age 33. He has received more than 60 honorary doctorate degrees, dozens of national merit citations, and written over 100 neurosurgical publications. In 2008, he was bestowed the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest civilian award in the United States.

Hikari Kisugi
11-10-2016, 08:51 PM
...and he really does believe in evolution?

I do not understand this.

lost in melb.
11-10-2016, 09:12 PM

He's a nutter. Minor point :hand:

Godfather
11-11-2016, 03:03 AM

I don't believe in shit, but I know some smart people who do including a geologist and a chemist :lol: It makes no sense to me but I don't care, as long as they're still dedicated to their profession, uphold scholarly reputable science, and don't enforce policies based on their religion. I guess the big divide is teaching evolutionary theory and sex ed in schools which I think should be a given, but that's a whole other debate I suppose.

Muddy
11-11-2016, 03:31 PM
I don't believe in shit, but I know some smart people who do including a geologist and a chemist :lol: It makes no sense to me but I don't care, as long as they're still dedicated to their profession, uphold scholarly reputable science, and don't enforce policies based on their religion. I guess the big divide is teaching evolutionary theory and sex ed in schools which I think should be a given, but that's a whole other debate I suppose.

My great uncle is an M.D, with 2 separate specialties. He believes in God too. I'm not saying I agree with him.. All i'm saying is he's a smart mother fucker and he treats people with modern medicine and not folk lore..