PDA

View Full Version : Lena Dunham: I’m ‘Terrified’ a ‘Predator Will Soon Be Residing in the White House’

Teh One Who Knocks
11-15-2016, 01:15 PM
By Andrew Stiles - Heat Street

http://i.imgur.com/WArOu5Vh.jpg

Lena Dunham is “terrified” that a “predator” will soon be moving into the White House, the socially aware celebrity told a prestigious panel of women on Monday.

Dunham was discussing Donald Trump’s surprise electoral victory during a panel at Glamour magazine’s “Women of the Year” summit in Los Angeles.

“I think so many women are feeling scared, unsafe, ignored by the fact that somebody who is a predator, and is openly a predator, will soon be residing in the White House,” the HBO star said. “That’s a very terrifying fact that we are all going to have to reckon with every single day.”

Dunham made her remarks days after publishing a letter of reflection on her on personal website, in which she described her shock at learning Donald Trump was going to be the next president of the United States.

“As horrifying as I found Donald Trump’s rhetoric, as hideous as I found his racism and xenophobia, as threatening to basic decency as I found his demagogue persona, I never truly believed he could win,” she wrote.

In her “letter of reflection”, Dunham recounted breaking into hives at the Javits Center in Manhattan, the glass-ceilinged venue where Hillary was supposed to declare victory:

The three hours I spent at the Javits Center Tuesday night, surrounded by campaign staffers and fellow surrogates for Hillary Clinton, are blurred and spotty. At a certain point it became clear something had gone horribly wrong. Celebrants’ faces turned. The modeling had been incorrect. Watching the numbers in Florida, I touched my face and realized I was crying. “Can we please go home?” I said to my boyfriend. I could tell he was having trouble breathing, and I could feel my chin breaking into hives. Another woman showed me her matching hive, hidden by fresh concealer.

Dunham is considered one of the foremost “woke” celebrities in the country. Earlier this year, she announced her support for students at her alma mater, Oberlin College, who were protesting the serving of sushi in dining halls on the grounds that it constituted “cultural appropriation.”

Muddy
11-15-2016, 01:41 PM
I read the headline.. Not even reading her spittle.. Fuck this cunt.. Get out of the country like you vowed, bitch..

deebakes
11-15-2016, 01:48 PM
don't worry, no one will grab you by the pussy...

lost in melb.
11-15-2016, 04:05 PM
, who were protesting the serving of sushi in dining halls on the grounds that it constituted “cultural appropriation.”

This piqued my curiosity, and I had a read about it. My conclusion is that privileged whites who take the moral high ground over the "cultural appropriation" of food are actually white supremacists

RBP
11-15-2016, 04:10 PM
This piqued my curiosity, and I had a read about it. My conclusion is that privileged whites who take the moral high ground over the "cultural appropriation" of food are actually white supremacists

Interesting take; I can see that perspective. I suppose you do have to consider yourself more "enlightened" and therefore "superior" to be that self-loathing.

DemonGeminiX
11-15-2016, 04:20 PM
don't worry, no one will grab you by the pussy...

Because nobody wants to end up with a handful of her small dick.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-15-2016, 04:23 PM
These fucking snowflakes, I haven't heard any women claim to be in fear

Goofy
11-15-2016, 05:51 PM
Watching the numbers in Florida, I touched my face and realized I was crying. “Can we please go home?” I said to my boyfriend. I could tell he was having trouble breathing

I get like that too when i'm pishing myself laughing :)