PDA

View Full Version : Fifth Harmony member slams Trump as 'power-hungry business tycoon' in open letter

Teh One Who Knocks
11-21-2016, 08:38 PM
by Rachel DeSantis - Entertainment Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/G0e0vjv.jpg

Fifth Harmony’s Lauren Jauregui penned a scathing open letter to President-elect Donald Trump and his supporters, in which she told his followers to “read a history book” and came out as bisexual.

The 20-year-old singer, whose letter can be read in its entirety on Billboard (http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7581388/fifth-harmony-lauren-jauregui-open-letter-donald-trump-voters), warned that electing a “power-hungry business tycoon” like Trump will lead to a “destruction of all the progress we’ve made socially as a nation,” and called out his supporters as hypocrites for backing up their votes with claims that Trump is simply trying to protect American freedoms.

“Restoring the America-that-wass is only stagnating the progression of our consciousness,” she wrote. “You voted for a person who built an 18-month campaign off the back of your hatred. He manipulated ALL of you with such ease by speaking to the darker parts of you that started to feel ashamed about the way you viewed the ‘politically correct’ world.”

She even compared Trump to Adolf Hitler, and said that both men appealed to the parts of supporters that believed their country was superior to all others, resulting in a world “where the human beings around you feel scared to be themselves.”

Jauregui then came out as bisexual, and maintained that she was proud of who she was, and, as the daughter of immigrants, proud of where she came from.

“I am a bisexual Cuban-American woman and I am so proud of it,” she wrote. “I am proud to be a woman. I was raised to feel that I can do ANYTHING, and I will always believe that.”

She closed her letter by advising Trump supporters to “travel and read a history book” in order to broaden their scope and gain a better understanding of the diverse world around them.

“We are not ‘whining’ about our presidential choice losing, we are screaming battle cries against those whose political and personal agendas threaten our lives and sanity,” she wrote.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-21-2016, 08:43 PM
Im sure the fact that he was running against Hillary had nothing to do with it

Teh One Who Knocks
11-21-2016, 08:53 PM
Of course not :hand:

Muddy
11-21-2016, 08:55 PM
who?

Hugh_Janus
11-21-2016, 08:57 PM
wait, he isn't one?

Teh One Who Knocks
11-21-2016, 08:59 PM
You should go read her whole letter (link in the OP text). It will make you wanna vomit.

Hugh_Janus
11-21-2016, 09:00 PM
no thanks, I just ate

Muddy
11-21-2016, 09:07 PM
I don't read the opinions of these little know-nothing turds.. I don't value their opinion any more than my own.. They dont hear my opinion, so Im not gonna listen/read to theirs.. :lol:

deebakes
11-22-2016, 12:53 AM
you don't gotta go to work, work, work...

DemonGeminiX
11-22-2016, 01:07 AM
who?

That's exactly what I said. :lol:

redred
11-22-2016, 06:05 AM
You're all missing the point, she came out as a future lezzer might be a sex tape soon