PDA

View Full Version : Former Rangers defender Davie Provan passes away at the age of 75 after a long illness

Goofy
11-26-2016, 08:05 PM
A Gers Hall Of Fame inductee, he was part of the side that lost to Bayern Munich in the 1967 European Cup Winners' Cup final, and also earned caps for Scotland.

http://i.imgur.com/bPpINfj.jpg

Former Rangers player Davie Provan has passed away at the age of 75.

The defender played for Rangers between 1958 and 1970 – making more than 250 competitive appearances and scoring 11 goals in his 12-year spell.

Provan played a significant role in the Treble-winning campaign of 1964 and also won the Scottish Cup in 1963 and 1966 as well as the 1965 League Cup.

A Gers Hall Of Fame inductee, he was part of the side that lost to Bayern Munich in the 1967 European Cup Winners' Cup final, and also earned caps for Scotland.

Rangers' managing director Stewart Robertson paid tribute. He told the Rangers website : "On behalf of everyone at Rangers Football Club I would like to offer my sincere condolences to Davie Provan’s family and friends.

“He was a huge part of the club for decades and he enjoyed a terrific playing career here. Davie worked at Ibrox for a number of years as a matchday host and was also a vital member of John Greig’s backroom staff during his time as Rangers manager.

‘His loss will be felt by everyone associated with the club and our thoughts are with Davie’s son Graham, daughter Yvonne, and his 2 grandsons Callum and David at this difficult time.”

Goofy
11-26-2016, 08:06 PM
Legend! Another good man down :(