PDA

View Full Version : Carrie Fisher Dead at 60 After Suffering Massive Heart Attack

Teh One Who Knocks
12-27-2016, 06:16 PM
By Sierra Marquina - Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/KlMrflm.jpg

Carrie Fisher died on Tuesday, December 27, four days after suffering a heart attack. The Star Wars icon was 60.

"It is with a very deep sadness that Billie Lourd confirms that her beloved mother Carrie Fisher passed away at 8:55 this morning," family spokesman Simon Halls said in a statement to Us Weekly. "She was loved by the world and she will be missed profoundly. Our entire family thanks you for your thoughts and prayers."

As previously reported, the actress suffered a massive heart attack while on a flight from London to LAX on Friday, December 23. According to TMZ, an EMT on board the flight administered CPR and once the plane landed in Los Angeles, Fisher was rushed to a nearby hospital where she was in critical condition. Fisher had been in London on a book tour for her new memoir The Princess Diarist.

The legendary actress, who was born on October 21, 1956, rose to fame in the original Star Wars trilogy as Princess Leia. Fisher, the daughter of Hollywood star Debbie Reynolds and pop star Eddie Fisher, was born in Beverly Hills, California, and made her film debut in 1975 flick Shampoo. (Eddie Fisher famously left Reynolds for Elizabeth Taylor.)

Fisher later appeared in 1980s movies The Blues Brothers, The Man With One Red Shoe and Woody Allen’s Hannah and Her Sisters. The actress also famously starred in When Harry Met Sally and alongside Tom Hanks in The ‘Burbs. She most recently reprised her role as Leia for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

The actress was also a best-selling author, starred in hit one-women shows about her life, and was also known as one of the top script doctors, working on screenplays for hits such as Hook, Sister Act, The Wedding Singer and Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Fisher also famously struggled with addiction and mental illness, which she chronicled in her memoir and show Wishful Drinking, where she openly discussed her battle with booze and bipolar disorder.

Fisher is survived by her daughter, Scream Queens actress Billie Lourd, who she shares with her ex, talent agent Bryan Lourd. She was also previously married to singer-songwriter Paul Simon.

redred
12-27-2016, 06:26 PM
:rip:

DemonGeminiX
12-27-2016, 06:27 PM
OMG!!! :shock:

:no:

:rip:

Godfather
12-27-2016, 06:28 PM
Fuck :(

DemonGeminiX
12-27-2016, 06:40 PM
I cannot express in words how devastated I am right now. She was one of my first crushes. Our generation has lost so many iconic people this year, but this one is unreal. I am completely floored.

deebakes
12-28-2016, 01:39 AM
I cannot express in words how devastated I am right now. She was one of my first crushes. Our generation has lost so many iconic people this year, but this one is unreal. I am completely floored.

:+1:

i don't want to admit how her metallic bikini influenced my discharge rates growing up :(

very sad, she was fantastic for so many reasons :rip:

RBP
12-28-2016, 02:48 AM
She was a drug addict who struggled with mental health problems. Let's not be too shocked.

http://i.imgur.com/xETjDwo.gif

DemonGeminiX
12-28-2016, 03:26 AM
:slap:

deebakes
12-28-2016, 03:37 AM
She was a drug addict who struggled with mental health problems. Let's not be too shocked.

which she was vocal about and encouraged people to get help :hand:

RBP
12-28-2016, 03:48 AM
which she was vocal about and encouraged people to get help :hand:

Completely agreed, even wrote books about it.

Goofy
12-28-2016, 11:20 AM
https://i.imgur.com/GhY2qhw.gif

Goofy
12-28-2016, 12:20 PM
https://i.imgur.com/tGEW6uv.jpg

deebakes
12-29-2016, 01:28 AM
:(

DemonGeminiX
12-29-2016, 02:31 AM
OMG!!! Her mother just died! Debbie Reynolds, mother of Carrie Fisher, has just died at age 84.

Holy shit! :shock:

DemonGeminiX
12-29-2016, 02:32 AM
This is unreal. :no:

Hikari Kisugi
12-29-2016, 11:11 AM
They are slamming Steve Martin for his twitter message which called her beautiful.... then witty and funny.....
seriously, the fucktards of social media are ruining what was an otherwise evolving planet