PDA

View Full Version : [Multiple Sources] Pro-Trump Senators Back Intelligence Officials on Hacking Report

Godfather
01-11-2017, 03:44 AM
Two of President-elect Donald Trump's biggest supporters on the Senate Intelligence Committee told the nation's top intelligence officials Tuesday they have no reason to doubt Russia interfered in last year's election.

Their decision to endorse the findings comes after Trump spent weeks sowing doubts about Moscow's alleged involvement and its preference that he win the presidency over former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton — findings that the president-elect said had "absolutely no effect on the outcome" of the 2016 presidential election.

The committee meeting Tuesday was the first time Senate Intelligence Committee chairman Sen. Richard Burr, R-North Carolina, appeared to directly endorse the intelligence findings.

Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Arkansas, also a vocal Trump supporter, didn't challenge the conclusions that the Russian government was targeting the election either, but said Clinton was at fault for faltering to Trump.

She "lost this election not because of Vladimir Putin or fake news or that she lost the electoral college, but because she ran a bad campaign," Cotton said.
[Donald Trump: Hacking had 'absolutely no effect' on election outcome]
Donald Trump: Hacking had 'absolutely no effect' on election outcome 2:34

Senators peppered FBI Director James Comey, along with James Clapper, the director of national intelligence, Adm. Michael Rogers, the head of the National Security Agency, and John Brennan, the CIA director, with questions about Russian conducting cyberespionage to influence the presidential election.

Comey said that the agency's requests to examine the servers of the Democratic National Committee were denied — disputing a report this month that the FBI never asked for access.

Comey's comments were his first made publicly since the November election and since last week's release of a declassified report into the alleged Russian interference.

He was called to the Capitol to speak about the alleged Russian hacking and was not specifically asked about the FBI's investigation into Clinton's use of a private email server while secretary of state. Comey faced criticism for his decision to notify Congress just 11 days before the election that the agency was reviewing a new batch of emails that appeared to be pertinent to their investigation.

Related: FBI Director James Comey: 2016 'a Challenging Year'

Moscow tried to help Trump "by discrediting Secretary Clinton," according to the 25-page report, the contents of which was met with "high confidence" from the FBI and CIA. The NSA "has moderate confidence" in the findings implicating Russia.

Russia has repeatedly denied involvement in the attacks.

Trump met with U.S. intelligence officials Friday after weeks of openly feuding with the community, and stopped short of fully accepting the intelligence report. He insisted in a statement that the hacking had "absolutely no effect on the outcome."
[FROM NOV. 14, 2016: Hillary Clinton: FBI's James Comey is to blame for election loss]
FROM NOV. 14, 2016: Hillary Clinton: FBI's James Comey is to blame for election loss 2:24

The Democratic National Committee, the White House, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the State Department and American corporations were targeted by the cyberattacks, two U.S. intelligence officials told NBC News about the report. Republicans were also targeted in the cyberespionage campaign although they did not suffer the same email leaks as the Democrats did.

Comey told senators Tuesday that there were intrusions at state-level voter registration databases, but there was no evidence that Russian hackers targeted the Trump campaign or current Republican National Committee domains.

Clapper said that only stolen information from Democrats was released.

He added that Russia could be seeking to influence political views in about a couple dozen other countries.

Related: U.S. Has ID'd Russians Who Gave Hacked Emails to WikiLeaks

Commitee member Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Florida, said the Russians got what they wanted by creating chaos "to get us to fight each other over whether our elections were legitimate."

Rubio also raised the worry — and Clapper endorsed it — that the Russians could plant incriminating information on a U.S. politician to discredit him or her.

Sen. Martin Heinrich, D-New Mexico, said Russia's motive was simply to "help Russia and to weaken America."

"In the next election, the shoe could be on the other foot, and a foreign power could decide they want a Democrat to win next time," he added.

Trump has said he would put together a plan within 90 days to "aggressively combat and stop cyberattacks," but indicated discussions on how to do so wouldn't be done publicly.

In retaliation against Russia, President Barack Obama last month unveiled sanctions against the country's intelligence service and expelled 35 of its diplomats from the United States.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/pro-trump-senators-back-intelligence-officials-hacking-report-n705241

More articles:
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/01/fbi-investigating-allegations-russia-compromised-trump
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/10/politics/donald-trump-intelligence-report-russia/
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/10/fbi-chief-given-dossier-by-john-mccain-alleging-secret-trump-russia-contacts?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/donald-trump-russia-damaging-233455

Godfather
01-11-2017, 03:47 AM
One mega summary from a (obviously biased but still)... redditor

8+ years of communication between him and Kremlin, and 5+ year relationship of cultivating/supporting/assisting Trump by Russia.

They offered him real estate deals IN RUSSIA to further ensnare him, but he declined.

Russia has dirt on Trump watching Russian prostitutes give golden showers.

Detailed claims of bilateral intelligence sharing back and forth between Trump and Putin. Trump had DNC moles and used US as well as foreign hackers. Trump got info on his opponents, Putin got info on Russian oligarchs + families living in US.

They used the pension system that Russian diplomats used to transfer information back and forth to/from each other as well. It mentions tens of thousands of dollars were sent in addition to the money.

Russia's main goal appears to be driving wedges to cause divisions in the West. They aided Jill Stein, Carter Page and Michael Flynn (the latter two being members of Trump's team) in doing so.

Main goal of DNC emails appeared to be swinging Sanders voters to Trump.

Russia and Trump had a mutual agreement on the DNC hack. Russia released the emails to Wikileaks in return for Trump removing mention of Russian invasion of Crimea in favor of talking about NATO financial commitments in Eastern Europe and the Baltics. Putin wanted people to stop talking Ukraine while also undermining NATO.

Trump's most damning financial commitments are actually in China and other emerging markets. He's paid large bribes and kickbacks there that would've destroyed his campaign if made public.

Hilariously, when Trump said he had few Russian financial investments, that was true, but he has actively sought them out only to be denied. He apparently settled for extensive sexual favors there instead

Trump lawyer Cohen had clandestine meeting with Kremlin operatives in August, held in Prague to try to make it seem less suspicious.

Ukrainian President that Putin installed confided to Putin he DID provide ex-campaign manager Manafort w/ kickbacks that were previously reported. Left no paper trail.

Russia pissed this has gotten so much media coverage. They hoped to push for improved Russian-US relationships regardless of who was elected. Ancillary goal with Clinton was to drive her positions further from Obama's in event she won - they're happy both candidates were anti-TPP because they viewed that as bad for them.

Trump has bribed Russian business interests but worked diligently to obfuscate and eliminate paper trail. Also engaged in Russian sex parties but has likewise bribed or coerced witnesses to be silent. They do believe a particular Russian businessman was intricately linked to Trump would know details.

Manafort/Page/Cohen all highly compromised. They/Trump were apparently offered up to 19% stake in Russian STATE-OWNED oil company Rosneft by its president if they could successfully get Western Russian sanctions lifted. Page expressed interest in this deal, saying sanctions would be lifted.

Once the sh*t started to hit the fan, Cohen was heavily involved in trying to cover up the relationship between Carter/Manafort/himself and Russia.

Mentions that the Trump team AND Russia both paid Romanian hackers to help sabotage Democrats.

Overall goal of electing Trump was to destabilize Western and world order in Russia's favor since he was anti-establishment and so divisive.

I feel it pertinent to mention that CNN mentioned when this broke that the Buzzfeed story and intel therein ARE unverified, BUT US intel officials consider both the ex-MI6 agent source and his Russian sources credible. I'm guessing our intelligence is working to verify or disprove this now, since Comey would not answer when asked if the FBI was currently investigating Russia-campaign connections on Capital hill today.

Let me know if something needs added or if I screwed something up.

u/JustDandy07

is the man. Added a bunch of stuff.

u/whiskystoned
, u/sylviecerise and u/TyrionLan1ster

made sure I had my TPP bit correct - Russia was AGAINST TPP.

u/Adrian_Bock

raised a great point. Trump specifically used Presidential Suite in Russian Ritz-Carlton where Obama/Michelle stayed for his golden shower episode(s) to defile the bed. That's some depraved shit.

u/niknight_ml

mentioned that Trump may have helped actually fund the DNC hack itself.

u/pollo_bueno

reminded me Rosneft is Russian Government-owned oil.

Edit: Very worthwhile post from u/RedditDawson

Worth mentioning:

Trump supporters are brigading this thread claiming it's all a 4chan troll. There's no proof 4chan is behind this.

4chan user claims to have been sending info to US official as the source for this document

(Rick Wilson whom they are saying they sent it to is denying he is the source or the /pol/ had anything to do with it).

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/819000073853997056

And now there are many Photoshopped screencaps from the document with outrageous scenarios in attempt to discredit the original

RBP
01-11-2017, 03:53 AM
:yawn:

RBP
01-11-2017, 03:59 AM
http://i.imgur.com/TtFfB6J.jpg

Godfather
01-11-2017, 07:12 AM
:lol:

Godfather
01-11-2017, 07:12 AM
:yawn:

What's boring about this :-k

DemonGeminiX
01-11-2017, 07:41 AM
Who cares? It's not Trump's fault that the Russian's hacked stuff. It didn't effect the outcome of the election in the slightest bit, no matter what the liberal pundits say. Hillary lost, period. For a multitude of reasons, all having nothing to do with outside foreign influence. And the only thing it proves is that our cyber-security infrastructure has been ignored for far too long and we need to upgrade it.

Trying to spin this into anything else is just liberal/Democratic hissy fits, and complete and utter horseshit.

Godfather
01-11-2017, 07:59 AM
Who cares? It's not Trump's fault that the Russian's hacked stuff. It didn't effect the outcome of the election in the slightest bit, no matter what the liberal pundits say. Hillary lost, period. For a multitude of reasons, all having nothing to do with outside foreign influence. And the only thing it proves is that our cyber-security infrastructure has been ignored for far too long and we need to upgrade it.

Trying to spin this into anything else is just liberal/Democratic hissy fits, and complete and utter horseshit.

You make it sound like this story is solely about Russia or Hillary or sore losers... but there are some very serious allegations leveled against Trump himself being made here that go well beyond an election including:

- Russia and Trump had a mutual agreement on the DNC hack. Russia released the emails to Wikileaks in return for Trump removing mention of Russian invasion of Crimea in favor of talking about NATO financial commitments in Eastern Europe and the Baltics. Putin wanted people to stop talking Ukraine while also undermining NATO.
- Manafort/Page/Cohen all highly compromised. They/Trump were apparently offered up to 19% stake in Russian STATE-OWNED oil company Rosneft by its president if they could successfully get Western Russian sanctions lifted. Page expressed interest in this deal, saying sanctions would be lifted.
- Detailed claims of bilateral intelligence sharing back and forth between Trump and Putin. Trump had DNC moles and used US as well as foreign hackers. Trump got info on his opponents, Putin got info on Russian oligarchs + families living in US.
- Trump may have helped fund the DNC hack/helped the Russians pay Eastern European hackers
- Trump has made damning financial commitments in China and other emerging markets where he's made large bribes and kick-backs
- Trump's lawyer Cohen had clandestine meeting with Kremlin operatives in August, held in Prague to try to make it seem less suspicious.

Hopefully these issues will be investigated fully and not ignored by Trump supporters simply due to bipartisanship. It seems like there's a lot of questions to be asked about which are very serious and need to be proven/disproved...

Anyways, I've got the popcorn out. Carl Bernstein is helping break this story. He broke Watergate. These might be the most serious allegations made against a US president ever.

DemonGeminiX
01-11-2017, 08:01 AM
It is a partisan issue. And it's bullshit. Prove it.

Godfather
01-11-2017, 08:04 AM
:lol: I'm not here to prove it to you my friend, I'm posting about allegations that I've read and find interesting, and will happily do the same for articles that contradict them if you want to chat about them. It's really not all that different from the 100+ articles posted against Hillary which we all discussed.

redred
01-11-2017, 08:07 AM
united states of russia does have a nice ring to it :outtahere:

Godfather
01-11-2017, 08:10 AM
Also as far as proof goes for now, this is the primary document if you're sincerely interested in it. In fairness to your claims that it's BS, some are saying it was created by 4Chan trolls :lol: Everyone better hope that's true...

A dossier, compiled by a person who has claimed to be a former British intelligence official, alleges Russia has compromising information on Trump. The allegations are unverified, and the report contains errors.
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3259984-Trump-Intelligence-Allegations.html

DemonGeminiX
01-11-2017, 08:18 AM
:lol: I'm not here to prove it to you my friend, I'm posting about allegations that I've read and find interesting, and will happily do the same for articles that contradict them if you want to chat about them. It's really not all that different from the 100+ articles posted against Hillary which we all discussed.

Listen to me, it's conjecture. This is the liberal modus operandi here in the States. They are gonna keep throwing shit out there to rile up the base and to try to undermine the guy who beat their golden girl. They won't stop. They're going to dog him for the rest of his life now. That's just what they do. Look at this with an objective critical eye. My conjecture is that one very miffed crybaby came up with this elaborate scheme, some other crybabies read and ran with it, and because the media is liberal-controlled here in the States, they posted it all over the place. They got the election wrong, they got the people wrong, and I guaran-damn-tee you that they got this horseshit wrong as well.

Now, if there's any truth to any of this at all, and Congress takes it seriously, then Trump will be impeached and removed from office. Pence will become the new President. We'll wait and see. But I'm putting money on the idea that nothing will ever come of it... because it's bullshit.

Godfather
01-11-2017, 08:26 AM
Listen to me, it's conjecture. This is the liberal modus operandi here in the States. They are gonna keep throwing shit out there to rile up the base and to try to undermine the guy who beat their golden girl. They won't stop. They're going to dog him for the rest of his life now. That's just what they do. Look at this with an objective critical eye. My conjecture is that one very miffed crybaby came up with this elaborate scheme, some other crybabies read and ran with it, and because the media is liberal-controlled here in the States, they posted it all over the place. They got the election wrong, they got the people wrong, and I guaran-damn-tee you that they got this horseshit wrong as well.

Now, if there's any truth to any of this at all, and Congress takes it seriously, then Trump will be impeached and removed from office. Pence will become the new President. We'll wait and see. But I'm putting money on the idea that nothing will ever come of it... because it's bullshit.

Hey this is all completely fair, I totally get it. I still remain more skeptical of Trump for the time being, and I 100% understand that you're more skeptical of the liberal agenda. Their main news source (CNN) is considered the least trustworthy in the country FSS.

Please take no offense when I post this stuff... this shit is just too outrageous to ignore. One side suspects Hillary had people killed, the other that Trump is a Russia puppet who likes golden showers. Some days you have to step back and appreciate the absurdity :lol:

DemonGeminiX
01-11-2017, 09:05 AM
No worries, dude.

RBP
01-11-2017, 12:07 PM
Hillary had people killed, the other that Trump is a Russia puppet who likes golden showers.

Let's assume both are true. And, what now? The reason he was elected is because people are sick of all this. STFU, get people decent jobs, provided needed services, and help the ghettos stop killing each other.

Are we really going to keep doing this? Ad nauseum, in perpetuity?

As for Hillary, I'm done there too, couldn't care less. Ignore her bullshit also, with the possible exception of the foundation if American citizens are getting ripped off.

Pony
01-11-2017, 04:05 PM
In a story that is getting more surreal by the minute, a post on 4Chan now claims that the infamous "golden showers" scene in the unverified 35-page dossier, allegedly compiled by a British intelligence officer, was a hoax and fabricated by a member of the chatboard as "fanfiction", then sent to Rick Wilson, who proceeded to send it to the CIA, which then put it in their official classified intelligence report on the election.

lol

Lambchop
01-11-2017, 09:46 PM
Man, I love this spy scandal shit.