PDA

View Full Version : Church Won’t Mention Trump in Prayers Because His Name Is ‘a Dangerous Trauma Trigger’

Teh One Who Knocks
01-16-2017, 12:05 PM
By Jillian Kay Melchior - Heat Street

http://i.imgur.com/U7vgRZBh.jpg

Pasadena’s All Saints Episcopal Church will not mention Donald Trump by name in prayers, saying that mentions of the President-elect are “literally a trauma trigger to some people.”

For years, the California church has offered prayers for people in positions of power, including President Obama. The church will continue offering those prayers—but it will no longer use proper names, said rector Mike Kinman in a blog post, because “prayer should never be a trauma-causing act.”

“The question is—does saying the president’s name in prayer in this way compromise the safety of the worshipping community?” Kinman wrote. “Let me be clear that I believe this is a high bar… much more than ‘I disagree with the president’ or even ‘the president deeply offends me.’ This is the level of compromising the safety of the worshipping community.”

Kinman said the church will reconsider the decision in a few weeks, after speaking with congregants, as well as thinking about and praying about the decision.

Until then, Pasadena’s All Saints Episcopal Church urged its parishioners to pray not only for political leaders but also for “those most fearful and vulnerable among us in this hour.”

deebakes
01-16-2017, 02:54 PM
:ffs: