PDA

View Full Version : Grammy-Winning Artist Slammed For Suggesting Martin Luther King ‘Fought Because All Lives Matter’

Teh One Who Knocks
01-18-2017, 12:34 PM
By Lukas Mikelionis - Heat Street

http://i.imgur.com/hmkk9lbh.jpg

A Grammy award winning artist, Wyclef Jean, has come under fire on social media for suggesting Martin Luther King Jr. believed “all lives matter.” He eventually deleted the tweet, saying his “message was definitely misunderstood.”

On Monday, Jean took to Twitter to promote his new song “Life Matters”, saying “Martin Luther King Jr. fought because all lives matter.” In the song, the artist sings: “Your life matters. His life matters. Her life matters. And black life matters. Police life matters. Judge life matters. Human rights matter.”

His tweet was instantly picked up by angry Black Lives Matter supporters, who condemned his understanding of the movement. “Still chuckling at Wyclef putting Martin Luther King Jr & ‘All Lives Matter’ in the same sentence,” wrote one user.

Another Black Lives Matter activist slammed Jean for using images from BLM protests, while embracing “All Lives Matter”. “At 10 sec u included images of a joint Black Youth Project 100 & BLM Detroit direct action. We staunchly fight for BLACK lives, it’s odd that u would use footage from an action in support of the Movement 4 Black Lives for a tone deaf, ridiculous, ALM…thing,” she wrote.

And others tweeted similar responses to the artist. “SOMEONE PLZ CALL 911 ON THIS N****,” said a Twitter user. “What, n****?,” seconded another one.

“F*****. Don’t be putting Bob Marley in your All Lives Matter video. You are disgracing his name,” claimed a person who goes by the name Ju.

The uproar from the social media forced the artist to delete his initial tweet stating “All Lives Matter”. Later, he sent an amended message which says “seven years since I put a body of work out to the world. It’s like stripping down to my soul.”

He also posted a recent interview where he expressed sympathy towards the Black Lives Matter movement. “The reason why Black Lives Matter is that you can’t keep executing Black people in broad daylight and it is on video and you get away with it,” he said in the clip.

“I appreciate all of your passion. But my message was definitely misunderstood. Here’s a recent interview that clarifies my stance…” Jean claimed in a tweet clarifying his earlier remark.

He then retweeted a poll that asks “If your brother, sister, best friend, or parent said #alllivesmatter and not #blacklivesmatter would you disown them or have a convo about it.”

Goofy
01-18-2017, 12:42 PM
:clap:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-18-2017, 12:58 PM
So you're applauding the fact that the angry blacks attacked his opinion? :-k Interesting :-k

Muddy
01-18-2017, 01:35 PM
That was Martin Luthers legacy.. Why do you think mainstream idolizes him?