PDA

View Full Version : Scotland Will Vote For Independence in Two Years

Teh One Who Knocks
01-20-2017, 12:22 PM
Reuters News Service

http://i.imgur.com/Fs03NDz.jpg

Scotland will vote to become independent within two years due to the hardline position being taken by British Prime Minister Theresa May over Brexit, former Scottish first minister Alex Salmond said on Friday.

Scotland rejected independence in 2014 by 55 to 45 percent, but current Scottish leader Nicola Sturgeon has said Scots are now more likely to want independence after they voted emphatically last June to remain in the EU while the United Kingdom as a whole voted to leave.

Sturgeon has submitted a series of proposals on Scotland's position to the UK government, including the option of Scotland maintaining its EU single market links from within the UK.

"If the UK government rejects Nicola Sturgeon's compromise plan ... then I think an independence referendum will be very likely," Salmond, who led the pro-independence devolved government during the 2014 referendum, told BBC Radio.

"And I think in that context, within that two year period, then I think the Yes side this time would win it."

May said earlier this week that Britain would quit the single market and impose immigration limits when it leaves the EU. Opinion polls show support for independence is unchanged since before the EU referendum, suggesting Scots would reject secession in another vote.

redred
01-20-2017, 12:25 PM
Ffs, can't you get rid of these 2 goof

Goofy
01-20-2017, 06:48 PM
Ffs, can't you get rid of these 2 goof

I don't mind Salmond, but Sturgeon's a cunt - she hasn't got a clue! If there is another vote then Unite will win by a bigger margin.

The Monk
01-21-2017, 05:29 AM
Is this Democracy in action? .... if you don't like the results of a referendum, keep on having them until you get the answer you want!

Hugh_Janus
01-21-2017, 09:01 AM
ugh... this woman...

Goofy
01-21-2017, 01:23 PM
Is this Democracy in action? .... if you don't like the results of a referendum, keep on having them until you get the answer you want!

Seems that way :|

ugh... this woman...

Yep, everyone i know feels the same way about her - hence there being zero chance people would vote for independence now with her in charge.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-21-2017, 01:25 PM
Yep, everyone i know feels the same way about her - hence there being zero chance people would vote for independence now with her in charge.

Is she elected to be in charge? How did she get to be in charge is so many people hate her?

Goofy
01-21-2017, 01:36 PM
Is she elected to be in charge? How did she get to be in charge is so many people hate her?

She took over as leader of the SNP and with it the title of First Minister when Alex Salmond resigned (right after the independence vote loss) as she was deputy FM at the time. The SNP are extremely strong in Scotland, they hold 54 out of 59 seats of Scotland's MP's so basically whoever is the SNP leader is also the First Minister of Scotland by default. The vast majority of people i know don't really like her or the crap she spouts, Salmond is a far more intelligent man and he couldn't get Independence over the line so there's just no way she'll manage it.