PDA

View Full Version : White House takes down all Spanish-language content from its website

Teh One Who Knocks
01-24-2017, 12:07 PM
FOX News

http://i.imgur.com/XNtbGxX.jpg

Shortly after Donald Trump’s inauguration on Friday, the White House introduced several changes to its website – among them: it is now an “English only” site.

"Sorry, the page you're looking for cannot be found," is the message Internet users get when trying to access www.whitehouse.gov/espanol.

The Spanish version of the White House page was created in the months following President Barack Obama’s swearing in in 2009. Up until Jan. 20, the site also had a blog dedicated to issues considered of interest for the Hispanic community.

The majority of the Spanish content, however, can still be found at ObamaWhiteHouse.gov, a site with an archive of Obama-era materials and resources.

According to EFE, the new Trump administration also has ordered the shutdown of other communication resources in Spanish such as @LaCasaBlanca account on Twitter and La Casa Blanca Facebook page.

The move is consistent with President Trump’s criticism of the widespread use of Spanish in the United States.

In September 2015, he blasted former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush - a former rival who is speaks Spanish fliently and did so many times during the campaign - saying he should "set an example and speak English while in the United States."

Goofy
01-24-2017, 01:23 PM
Good, you want to live in the US then maybe you should learn the language :)

Teh One Who Knocks
01-24-2017, 01:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/3WOWhQp.jpg

Muddy
01-24-2017, 02:18 PM
I don't care if people don't speak English... Just don't expect the govt. to cater to your special needs.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-24-2017, 02:30 PM
It really bothers me when I go out and about around here and hear Spanish spoken as much as it is. All you hear about is how these poor hard working Mexicans want to come here for a better life and to become Americans. Yet they all have their Mexican flags or decals on their vehicles, they all speak Spanish instead of English, they turn neighborhoods into Little Tijuana and they protest the government at all levels to change laws to suit them. It pisses me the fuck off. Why the hell are you even here for then?

DemonGeminiX
01-24-2017, 02:49 PM
I had a nutty theory about this whole Mexican illegal immigrant thing. Mexico's not really bitching about losing their citizens when they hop the border, they're just bitching about our immigration policies. And yet Mexico's immigration policies are where ours should be. They will deport your ass if you're there illegally. Not only that, but you have to be a natural-born citizen to vote in Mexico. Naturalized citizens and non-citizens can't vote, yet they want their citizens in the US, illegal immigrants, to be able to vote up here in our elections... to affect our policies and demographics... it almost feels like they're trying to take our country over using the loopholes that fucknut implemented.

Muddy
01-24-2017, 03:08 PM
It really bothers me when I go out and about around here and hear Spanish spoken as much as it is. All you hear about is how these poor hard working Mexicans want to come here for a better life and to become Americans. Yet they all have their Mexican flags or decals on their vehicles, they all speak Spanish instead of English, they turn neighborhoods into Little Tijuana and they protest the government at all levels to change laws to suit them. It pisses me the fuck off. Why the hell are you even here for then?

I can appreciate your disdain..

redred
01-24-2017, 04:00 PM
so is there anything interesting on that site that someone coming over from spain on holiday might look for info ?

and wouldn't google translate just kick in anyway ? :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
01-24-2017, 05:03 PM
I had a nutty theory about this whole Mexican illegal immigrant thing. Mexico's not really bitching about losing their citizens when they hop the border, they're just bitching about our immigration policies. And yet Mexico's immigration policies are where ours should be. They will deport your ass if you're there illegally. Not only that, but you have to be a natural-born citizen to vote in Mexico. Naturalized citizens and non-citizens can't vote, yet they want their citizens in the US, illegal immigrants, to be able to vote up here in our elections... to affect our policies and demographics... it almost feels like they're trying to take our country over using the loopholes that fucknut implemented.

Mexico makes a shit ton of money by the illegals coming here and working. They send a huge amount of US dollars back to their families in Mexico, it props thier entire banking system up. Shutting down illegal immigration would do a ton of damage to their economy.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-24-2017, 05:04 PM
Mexico makes a shit ton of money by the illegals coming here and working. They send a huge amount of US dollars back to their families in Mexico, it props thier entire banking system up. Shutting down illegal immigration would do a ton of damage to their economy.

I read somewhere that the money being sent back to Mexico from the illegals here is second only to oil revenue in the Mexican economy

PorkChopSandwiches
01-24-2017, 05:04 PM
I would not be surprised