PDA

View Full Version : BAD BLOOD: Feminists Outraged at Taylor Swift for Skipping Anti-Trump Women’s March

Teh One Who Knocks
01-24-2017, 01:32 PM
By Andrew Stiles - Heat Street

http://i.imgur.com/2HIBypEh.jpg

Lots of female celebrities turned out for the nationwide Women’s March on Saturday to protest the inauguration of President Donald Trump. One of the most famous celebs in country, however, was noticeably absent, prompting feminists to vent their outrage on social media.

Pop sensation Taylor Swift did not attend any of the marches across the country (and world) over the weekend, but did send out a message of support on Twitter. “So much love, pride, and respect for those who marched. I’m proud to be a woman today, and every day,” the young musical sensation tweeted.

Many supporters of the march found this gesture was woefully insufficient, especially coming from a self-professed “feminist” celeb such as Taylor Swift. Critics logged onto Twitter to lash out at the blonde songstress. “You got a bad leg or something? Why didn’t you march?” one Twitter user wrote in response to Swift’s Tweet.

Swift fans also argued about whether the celeb’s lack of participation in the women’s march was even worthy of outrage. When one suggested Swift simply “doesn’t want to alienate fans because of politics,” another shot back, Tweeting: “Sorry, this election was too important to worry about her branding. I don’t know if you know this, but Trump is literally a neo-Nazi.”

One fan urged Swift’s critics to “back off,” arguing that the singer is always criticized no matter what she says or does. But outraged social media users weren’t buying the argument. “F– you,” a critic tweeted at Swift. “You stayed quiet all through the election process to ensure your record sales wouldn’t fall victim to a divided USA.”

Donald Trump’s controversial nominee for health secretary, Rep. Tom Price, has confessed to being a “big Taylor Swift fan.”

RBP
01-24-2017, 05:44 PM
Women's March. Uh huh. You mean far left feminist March.

Pro-life female groups were banned, and the dickless feminist wannabe dudes were allowed.

Fuck off.