PDA

View Full Version : California restaurant gives customer a 'seen rat' discount, but doesn't cover the whole bill

Teh One Who Knocks
01-25-2017, 11:50 AM
By Heather Leighton, Houston Chronicle

http://i.imgur.com/7NuIpHV.jpg

A popular chain of restaurants is in hot water after a receipt with an odd discount has gone viral on Facebook.

A customer of California restaurant Fat's Asia Bistro & Dim Sum Bar reportedly saw a rat in the dining room during her dinner at the Folsom, California location on Thursday, January 19. The customer's friend, Jackie Logan, shared her story on Facebook and it has since made national news.

Logan shared the photo of the receipt from the dinner with her Facebook post. On it, there is the general list of food and drink items, but at the very bottom, there is a "seen rat" discount amounted to $30.95 off of the lofty $116.80 bill. Logan also reports there never was a conversation with the manager about the alleged seen rat.

"That's nice. I'm sorry, but does anyone else see a problem with this? If a rat joins you at dinner at a very well known family of restaurants in the area, at a minimum a manager should visit your table and comp the meal," Logan wrote in her Facebook post.

WABC spoke to chief operating officer of Fat's Family Restaurant Group Kevin Fat, "The manager put verbatim what the guest saw or stated. In 14 years in Folsom, we've never experienced anything like this before."

The Facebook post made its way to the Sacramento County Environment Management Department and they sent a health inspector to the location to see if there are any signs of rats.

"There were no live or dead bodies from the rodents, no nesting, no gnawed food packages or anything like that," Kelly McCoy of the Sacramento County EMD told WABC. "I think with the weather and all, I think it's possible one came through the back door and maybe wandered around the dining room and was chased back out."

Pony
01-25-2017, 12:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/wtXxBzn.jpg