PDA

View Full Version : Black Waitress Receives $450 Tip From White Men She Prejudged as ‘Typical Trump Supporters’

Teh One Who Knocks
01-27-2017, 01:05 PM
By Kyle Foley - Heat Street

http://i.imgur.com/oOar5JCh.jpg

“Not race. Not gender. Just American.”

That’s what three white men wrote on the $450 tip they left for a black waitress in Washington, D.C. Rosalynd Harris works at the social justice-focused restaurant Busboys and Poets in D.C. She came to work Monday with a bounce in her step after the Women’s March on Saturday.

Three men from Texas sat down at one of her tables. They were friendly and she and they made some small talk. She assumed they were visiting for the inauguration, and based on that, decided they probably embodied everything negative she had read and heard about Trump supporters.

But her day took an interesting turn when the men decided to leave a 625% tip on their $72.60 bill.

“We may come from different cultures and may disagree on certain issues, but if everyone would share their smile and kindness like your beautiful smile, our country will come together as one people,” they wrote in the note included with the tip.

Harris did not see the note until the men left, but their generosity led her to a new realization. “You automatically assume if someone supports Trump that they have ideas about you,” she said. “But [these customers were] more embracing than even some of my more liberal friends, and there was a real authenticity in our exchange.”

Harris, a professional dancer who waitresses on the side to make extra money, had been struggling to make ends meet and says the $450 tip took “a huge weight off my shoulders.”

“This definitely reshaped my perspective. Republican, Democrat, liberal are all subcategories to what we are experiencing,” she said. “It instills a lot of hope.”

redred
01-27-2017, 02:54 PM
those eye brows :lol:

Goofy
01-27-2017, 06:32 PM
“You automatically assume if someone supports Trump that they have ideas about you,”

I automatically assume people who do that^ are retarded and are incapable of thinking for themselves :)

Muddy
01-27-2017, 07:14 PM
I've seen a few black folk discrediting the act of kindness saying "he only have white guilt he dealing with"..

Goofy
01-27-2017, 07:16 PM
I've seen a few black folk discrediting the act of kindness saying "he only have white guilt he dealing with"..

From what i see and read these days, black people are faaaar more racist than white people.......

Muddy
01-27-2017, 08:22 PM
From what i see and read these days, black people are faaaar more racist than white people.......

They refuse to take true responsibility for their future. They think pointing the finger and making excuses will somehow make things better..

RBP
01-27-2017, 08:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oOar5JCh.jpg
I was an asshole until I got paid not to be.

DemonGeminiX
01-27-2017, 11:19 PM
She's gonna get pissy all over again when she finds out she'll have to pay taxes on that tip.

redred
01-27-2017, 11:33 PM
i will repeat what about those brows :lol:

DemonGeminiX
01-27-2017, 11:35 PM
They're drawn on. Take an eraser to them.

redred
01-27-2017, 11:45 PM
do you think that would work :lol:

RBP
01-27-2017, 11:50 PM
blast them off with jizz shots.

redred
01-27-2017, 11:56 PM
they look like they need a Bukkake party to rid them