PDA

View Full Version : Prominent Crusader Against Political Correctness Mysteriously Blocked from Twitter

Teh One Who Knocks
01-30-2017, 12:40 PM
By Lukas Mikelionis - Heat Street

http://i.imgur.com/63JcVAih.jpg

The resoundingly popular anti-PC YouTuber, Sargon of Akkad (whose real name is Carl Benjamin) has been suspended from Twitter, without being offered an explanation for the decision.

Benjamin’s YouTube channel, called Sargon of Akkad, where he mocks political correctness and social justice warriors, rose to prominence last year with his weekly “This Week In Stupid” videos and now has more than half a million subscribers. His Twitter account had more than 140,000 followers.

He released a video in response to Twitter’s highly suspicious decision to suspend him, saying “I’ve been suspended on Twitter and I don’t know why.” The YouTuber then pointed out to one Tweet that might have caused the suspension.

In the Tweet, he responded to a tweet by Federica Mogherini, the European Union’s High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, who said: “#holocaustremembrance: ‘A peaceful and diverse Europe it is everyone’s interest and responsibility'”.

Benjamin tweeted in response: “Hasn’t mass Islamic immigration to Europe drastically raised the odds of terror attacks, though?”

http://i.imgur.com/gUpDpo1.jpg

He insists the question didn’t constitute breaking the platform’s rules, saying “It’s not abuse, it’s not offensive, it’s just a question.” After showing that other people who were Tweeting the EU official in similar fashion weren’t suspended, he added: “so I’m guessing that wasn’t the problem.”

Following the suspension, a hashtag #FreeSargon has been trending, urging San Francisco-based Twitter to reinstate the user.

It remains unclear what is the true reason behind Twitter’s decision to suspend Carl Benjamin. While left-leaning Twitter hasn’t hesitated to suspend or ban anti-PC voices on its platform in the past, most suspended users were given some explanation for why the company thinks they deserve the suspension.

Despite Twitter having a no-comment policy to the media on individual accounts, Heat Street has contacted the social media platform asking to clarify why hasn’t the suspended account been given a clarification.

deebakes
01-30-2017, 06:07 PM
:?