PDA

View Full Version : UK Doctors Banned From Calling Pregnant Women ‘Mothers’ In Case It’s ‘Offensive’

Teh One Who Knocks
01-31-2017, 12:31 PM
By the Heat Street Staff

http://i.imgur.com/uW8TaI8h.jpg

British doctors have been told not to use the word “mother” when referring to pregnant women in case it offends transgender people.

New guidelines issued by the doctors’ trade union the British Medical Association to its 160,000 members say expectant mothers should be called “pregnant people” instead. Another reason cited for using the term “pregnant people” is that it will “celebrate diversity”.

The controversial advice features in a 14-page booklet called “A Guide To Effective Communication: Inclusive Language In The Workplace.”

It says: “A large majority of people that have been pregnant or have given birth identify as women. However, there are some intersex men and trans men who may get pregnant. We can include intersex men and trans men who may get pregnant by saying ‘pregnant people’ instead of ‘expectant mothers’.”

The guide, available to all public doctors working in the National Health Service, also tells doctors that they should not use the terms “born man” or “born woman” in relation to trans people as these phrases “are reductive and over-simplify a complex subject”.

There is currently only one known case of a transitioning person in Britain becoming pregnant. Hayden Cross, 20, was born a woman but is legally male and has had hormone treatment but not sex-change surgery. Mr Cross is now believed to be four-months pregnant.

The guidelines have upset some. Michael Nazir-Ali, the former Bishop of Rochester, told the Mail on Sunday: “I think it is sad that society is being pushed in this direction. God has made us man and woman, and mothers relate to their children in different ways than fathers. This ruling will confuse people about the vital role of mothers in bringing up their children.”

Goofy
01-31-2017, 12:59 PM
Oh fuck off :shakehead:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-31-2017, 01:03 PM
Oh fuck off :shakehead:

http://i.imgur.com/zyR7rTy.jpg

Goofy
01-31-2017, 01:08 PM
If a baby comes out of your vagina then you are, by definition, its mother....... no ifs buts or maybes. These pathetic "offended" bastards need to get a life ffs

deebakes
02-01-2017, 01:32 AM
:ffs:

Godfather
02-01-2017, 02:15 AM
I read the title and thought this was going to be something related to pro life/choice. At least I can stomach that debate.

What the fuck is this :lol:

allsmiles
02-01-2017, 05:45 AM
Wtf? I think I'd be offended if my doctor called me a "pregnant person." The title of "mother" is well earned.

RBP
02-01-2017, 05:55 AM
Not accurate enough I say!

"Gestating Parasite" is the only accurate definition.

RBP
02-01-2017, 05:56 AM
Wtf? I think I'd be offended if my doctor called me a "pregnant person." The title of "mother" is well earned.

Like Motherfucker for Porky; he fucking earned that shit.

allsmiles
02-01-2017, 06:20 AM
Like Motherfucker for Porky; he fucking earned that shit.

Exactly.

redred
02-01-2017, 08:18 AM
:lol: