PDA

View Full Version : HOAX WATCH: Man Who Said Trump’s ‘Muslim Ban’ Killed His Mother Was Lying, Imam Says

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2017, 06:12 PM
By Andrew Stiles - Heat Street

http://i.imgur.com/oRai5dFh.jpg

A Michigan man who claimed his mother died in Iraq as result of President Donald Trump’s new immigration policies was lying about her death, the man’s imam said Wednesday.

Mike Hager’s claim that his 75-year-old mother died while waiting to be approved for travel to the United States under Trump’s new policies was widely reported in the media.

“I was just shocked. I had to put my mom back on the wheelchair and take her back and call the ambulance and she was very very upset. She knew right there if we send her back to the hospital she’s going to pass away – she’s not going to make it,” Hager said, alleging that his mother, a U.S. green card holder, was barred from returning to Michigan from Iraq as a result of Trump’s executive order.

Hager was born in Iraq, served as a translator for U.S. special forces during the war, and has since become a U.S. citizen. But his story is bogus, according to Imam Husham Al-Hussainy, the leader of the Karbalaa Islamic Educational Center in Dearborn, Michigan. Al-Hussainy told the Fox affiliate in Detroit that Hager’s mother passed away five days before the new immigration policies were implemented.

Iraq is one of several Muslim-majority countries that the Trump administration, and the Obama administration before it, has singled out for tighter immigration controls.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-02-2017, 06:37 PM
An anti Trump lib lied.....the horror