PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to Free Speech Here??

The Monk
02-10-2017, 03:47 AM
Thread:- President Trump and Australia PM have 'worst call'

What can't moderators here handle discussion - it seems if you don't like the way a thread is progressing you "CLOSE" it!!

DemonGeminiX
02-10-2017, 07:23 AM
It was closed because we could see that it was about to get really ugly. Trust me. We're heading off some bad shit. And we're going to do the same here.

By the way, this forum's not a democracy. There is no free speech here. We'd like to think that we have a hand's off policy on most things, up to a certain point. We do have a set of rules that we expect you to follow. You can go ahead and say whatever you like within the scope of the rules, but when we come out and say "enough is enough" either explicitly or implicitly by closing a thread, then enough is enough. The conversation is over. And we're going to do this even if the conversation doesn't appear to be violating the rules. We're doing it for the greater good of the forum.

And we're going to ask you to respect that.

Now before you ask, I have no idea who closed the thread. I just know it wasn't me. And I would tell you if I did close it, just to rub it in. Because I'm a dick like that. :nana:

However, I am closing this one.

If you want to discuss it, you can pm me your concerns. I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible. Or someone else will. Because I'll post whatever you pm me in the mod lounge so we, the mods and administrators, can all laugh at you. Because we're dicks like that. :nana:

By the way, if you do pm me, don't pm me angry. Be chill about it.

redred
02-10-2017, 08:11 AM
monk , as dgx said it was just going to turn into another they're allowed guns thread and the ones who aren't from the US don't really understand why they should be :lol: we've had loads of them and don't really need another , it went off track next time trump calls your PM and tweets about it we can start another thread but how the last one ended i can't see that being anytime soon :lol: