PDA

View Full Version : Thieves steal bolted-down PlayStation from children's cancer ward

Teh One Who Knocks
02-11-2017, 12:09 PM
BRAD FLAHIVE - Stuff.co.nz

http://i.imgur.com/TGtaqsd.jpg

Playing on a PlayStation is one of the few consolations for 9-year-old cancer patient Angus Little. Now thieves have stolen it from Wellington Hospital.

The PlayStation 4, donated to the hospital, was bolted to a moveable table in the oncology ward, but was removed last weekend.

About 15 patients attend the day stay unit every week, including Angus, who needs chemotherapy once a week for his inoperable brain tumour.

Playing his favourite game, Minecraft​, made the three-hour procedure more bearable, he said.

"I'm angry, and pretty annoyed because it was a good distraction for me, and other kids too.

"They took the game too, so the mansion I built on Minecraft is gone."

Hospital general manager Chris Lowry said: "We are extremely disappointed that someone would choose to steal something used to occupy and cheer up children who are undergoing treatment.

"We can confirm that the device was unsecured from a trolley, and stolen some time during the weekend.

"Given that hundreds of patients and visitors come through Wellington Regional Hospital every day, we sometimes experience instances of theft, despite our best efforts to prevent it."

The theft has been reported to police.

Angus' mum, Wendy LIttle, said he could not understand the thieves' behaviour.

"He knows it's an adult that's probably done it, but he can't understand why they would do that to sick kids.

"It's such a shame. It really does take his mind off things for those three hours.

"I believe it's not the first time this has happened, hence why it was bolted to the table.

"It defies belief that somebody would walk into a cancer ward, unbolt it from a table, and deprive sick kids."

Angus was diagnosed with a tumour in 2011, and after a four-year hiatus, his symptoms returned in 2015.

He is now almost halfway through a 54-week chemotherapy treatment.

He and his family are hoping to raise enough funds to replace the video game through his Facebook page.

Donations to the hospital can be made through the Wellington Hospitals Foundation, http://whf.org.nz/

Goofy
02-11-2017, 12:17 PM
Wow, how can people sink so low? :wha:

deebakes
02-11-2017, 10:08 PM
mother fuckers :x