PDA

View Full Version : "Woman" arrested for threatening judge

Teh One Who Knocks
02-11-2017, 12:21 PM
By Jonathan D. Silver / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://i.imgur.com/nYJIh7c.jpg

A transgender woman who did prison time in connection with her husband’s death after she performed a botched castration surgery at their rural trailer was arrested Monday at the Westmoreland County Courthouse for threatening a judge.

Tammy Felbaum, 58, of Seward had just put her purse on the conveyor belt of the X-ray machine just before 11 a.m. when she said, “I have guns and an Uzi in my purse, also a rocket launcher,” according to a police affidavit.

Then, police said, Felbaum walked through the metal detector “with an attitude” and said, “I am going to shoot a judge today,” according to the affidavit.

After Officer Joshua Fox of the Westmoreland County Park Police confronted her, Felbaum screamed profanities in the courthouse’s front lobby, the affidavit said.

Ms. Felbaum was charged with terroristic threats and a summary count of disorderly conduct.

She was in the courthouse to appear as a defendant before Common Pleas Judge Chris Scherer in a dispute with the Seward/St. Clair Township Sanitary Authority.

Leslie J. Mlakar, the authority’s solicitor, said the hearing was the final step in getting Felbaum to connect her trailer to a sanitary sewer line. He said she appeared before the judge in handcuffs and chains.

“I just knew that she caused a disturbance,” Mr. Mlakar said today.

Mr. Mlakar said the judge gave her time to file for a grant application to defray the costs.

In 2008, Felbaum was sentenced to 21 to 60 months in jail for threatening officials associated with her trial.

Felbaum, formerly of Butler County, was convicted in December 2001 of involuntary manslaughter, aggravated assault, recklessly endangering another person, and unauthorized practice of medicine, all connected with the death of her husband, James.

Born a male named Thomas Wyda, Felbaum performed a self-castration. Police said she performed the same procedure on her husband, who self-medicated with prescription narcotics then choked to death on his own vomit on Feb. 25, 2001.

Felbaum claimed at trial that her husband had castrated himself. She was sentenced to 5½ to 11 years in state prison.

Goofy
02-11-2017, 01:16 PM
=
Tammy Felbaum, 58, of Seward had just put her purse on the conveyor belt of the X-ray machine just before 11 a.m. when she said, “I have guns and an Uzi in my purse, also a rocket launcher,” according to a police affidavit.

Women's purses really are like the Tardis! :shock: