PDA

View Full Version : High school senior spreads cheer with Valentine's Day surprise of hundreds of roses

Teh One Who Knocks
02-15-2017, 12:38 PM
Nathan Hansen - La Crosse Tribune

http://i.imgur.com/PYUsATS.jpg

HOLMEN — None of the female students, teachers or staff at Holmen High School left empty-handed this Valentine’s Day.

Holmen Senior Zack Peterson handed out more than 625 long-stemmed roses Tuesday morning at the high school as the female students were called to the school’s large group room one grade at a time. The sweet gesture was met with screams of glee and hugs from his female classmates as each received her rose.

“This was such a complete surprise,” senior Lily King said. “It’s kind of a great feeling.”

Peterson said he came up with the idea as a pick-me-up for students. He said students were still grieving the death last year of sophomore Kevin Romanowski, and Peterson thought the gesture would be a simple way to help raise spirits and make sure that none of the girls felt left out on Valentine’s Day.

King said Peterson’s surprise was one of the sweetest things anyone could do. Her boyfriend lives more than three hours away, so she won’t be able to see him to celebrate the romantic holiday, and this was a great way to feel included.

“It’s just nice to know that somebody cares,” fellow senior Vanessa Clark said. “It is such a super sweet surprise.”

The gift set Zack back about $450 after he ordered the roses in bulk from Ecuador through Sam’s Club. He said he liked giving out flowers and that the reaction on people’s faces was awesome — especially after being very nervous before everyone started lining up.

“The school needs a pick-me-up,” he said. “It is an easy way to help people feel happy.”

Sophomore Alizabeth Mahlum said she needed her spirits lifted this week. It was her uncle’s birthday, and Valentine’s Day is always a somber reminder her uncle died a few years ago.

“I was really surprised,” she said. “It wasn’t a good day for me and now things have been turned around.”

Even Zack’s sister Abigail, a sophomore, was taken by the surprise. The family used air fresheners to mask the scent of the hundreds of roses over the weekend as Zack spent more than eight hours trimming, cleaning and arranging the flowers.

Abigail said she was happy her brother did this for her classmates and glad they appreciated the gesture. The two of them get along pretty well, and she was impressed at how hard he worked to keep the flowers surprise for everyone, including her.

“A lot of girls left in tears, they were so happy,” she said. “It is great there are people like him in this world.”

DemonGeminiX
02-15-2017, 12:40 PM
If he didn't get at least 5 blowjobs out of the deal then he wasted his money.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-15-2017, 02:10 PM
If he didn't get at least 5 blowjobs out of the deal then he wasted his money.

:rapeculture:

DemonGeminiX
02-15-2017, 02:15 PM
:nono:

The blowjob doesn't count if he had to force them to give it to him.

Muddy
02-15-2017, 02:23 PM
Theres a few eager looking girls in that line that may take care of him.. :lol:

deebakes
02-16-2017, 01:30 AM
the fashion statements from those chicks clearly are implied to say "i'm scared of boys" :lol:

Muddy
02-16-2017, 02:11 AM
Or.. "im dumpy"..

Godfather
02-16-2017, 06:57 AM
Some guys get to pick and chose... others like this wise lad know they have to play the numbers game :lol: