PDA

View Full Version : Man found dead with zip-ties around neck inside TriBeCa jewelry store

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2017, 12:08 PM
by Chris Brito and Anthony DiLorenzo - Pix11.com

http://i.imgur.com/LWW5lGA.png

TRIBECA, Manhattan – A man was found dead with zip-ties around his neck inside his TriBeCa jewelry store, NYPD sources said Thursday.

The grisly discovery was made around 6 p.m. Wednesday at the family-owned World of Gold N Diamond, on the corner of Church and Duane streets, police said.

Police went to the cash-for-gold shop after the victim's brother had not seen him for two days and reported him as missing, according to cops.

The brother used a key to let police into the store, which was locked. Customers tell PIX11 the door is usually locked, and people must be buzzed in.

Upon arrival, officers found 43-year-old Omid Gholian inside the facility bathroom with two zip-ties around his neck and blood on the floor, sources said. EMS responded to the location and pronounced him dead at the scene.

While the cause has yet to be determined by the medical examiner, investigators believe the death was not natural.

Investigators are working to gain access to a safe inside the business, and do not yet know if anything was stolen.

Customers on Thursday were stunned by Gholian's death, and described him as a kind person.

"I saw him twice this week I was shocked when I heard. He’s a really good guy," customer Lewis Cotrone said. "He was a really good guy, family man and had some nice conversations with him."

Another customer, Vernis Graham, said his heart goes out to Gholian's family.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2017, 12:09 PM
While the cause has yet to be determined by the medical examiner, investigators believe the death was not natural.

:-s

Thanks Capt Obvious :facepalm:

Goofy
02-18-2017, 01:25 PM
:-s

Thanks Capt Obvious :facepalm:

Yeah :lol: