PDA

View Full Version : Added another vehicle to my stable.

Yt Trash
02-21-2017, 12:48 AM
After Hurricane Matthew gave us a scare and not having anywhere to take our Dogs, wife and I seriously talked about buying one of these. Now we jump in and head out of dodge when the shit hits the fan with family and dogs.

We also wanted to do more outdoor stuff with the kids. 12 and 14. All they do now is play video games. I'm selling my Harley and buying a couple of 4 wheelers and going out camping and riding with the kids. At least that's the plan.

http://i.imgur.com/eari8Ys.jpg

The Winnebago. a.k.a. Big Bertha!

Hugh_Janus
02-21-2017, 01:02 AM
fuck me.... that's bigger than most houses over here :lol:

Griffin
02-21-2017, 01:09 AM
The Winnebago. a.k.a. Big Bertha!

At least you're not calling it the rolling turd. 8-)

redred
02-21-2017, 07:17 AM
Looks great, enjoy the trips

Pony
02-21-2017, 11:44 AM
Wow, nice ride!

lost in melb.
02-21-2017, 12:39 PM
It's a bus! What's the whole back section?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-21-2017, 12:41 PM

Living quarters and whatnot

https://winnebagoind.com/products/class-c/2016/spirit/interior/lounge

Pony
02-21-2017, 12:56 PM

Probably kitchen, bath and bedroom.

Goofy
02-21-2017, 01:26 PM
:shock: beastly!

PorkChopSandwiches
02-21-2017, 04:33 PM
awesome

DemonGeminiX
02-21-2017, 05:42 PM
I'm selling my Harley

:rip:

J/K... sounds practical and fun.

Noilly Pratt
02-21-2017, 09:01 PM
That is one big Class C motorhome! I rented and drove one of those about 20 years ago...through the town of Banff. Talk about nerve-wracking!

I make do with a tent trailer. It's got a box that's 9' when closed but opens up to be about 21'.

Griffin
02-21-2017, 09:08 PM
The Bow Valley Parkway was my favorite part of Banff. But the Icefields Parkway going to Jasper has got to be the prettiest drive on Earth.

redred
02-21-2017, 09:40 PM
That is some posh breaking bad wagon

Yt Trash
02-22-2017, 12:27 AM
:rip:

J/K... sounds practical and fun.

I'm really trying to stay in touch with the kids. They're at that age where they can go either way, as it is it's a struggle to get them out of the house. So sacrificing the bike is a no brainer.

That is one big Class C motorhome! I rented and drove one of those about 20 years ago...through the town of Banff. Talk about nerve-wracking!

I make do with a tent trailer. It's got a box that's 9' when closed but opens up to be about 21'.

It's a 31'. The length doesn't scare me it's the height that concerns me.

It's not my first, I had one at 25, and did the same thing I'm hoping to do now, dirt bikes etc... just didn't have kids then.

DemonGeminiX
02-22-2017, 12:33 AM
I'm really trying to stay in touch with the kids. They're at that age where they can go either way, as it is it's a struggle to get them out of the house. So sacrificing the bike is a no brainer.

Hey, brother, you don't have to justify your decisions and/or actions to me and/or anyone else outside of your family... ever. You do what you feel is best, and to hell with everybody else.

Personally, I think it's cool. I'd love to get one of those things and just take off across the US without having to worry about where I'm gonna lay my head down for the night. I'm not exactly up on motorcycles anyway. Sure they're cool, but I'm leery. I've lost a few bike enthusiast friends to accidents, where it was always the other driver's fault. I've seen enough to put me off of them.

Have fun, man.

Yt Trash
02-22-2017, 12:36 AM

Queen bed furthest back, two bunks beds just off the bathroom , kitchen with 3 burner stove and Convection microwave, fridge, freezer. Bathroom, toilet shower, queen size bunk above cab and dinete and sofa make into twin size beds.
Sleeps about 8 comfortably. Outside,tail gate package, that includes 32" TV, Mini fridge, hot and cold water and BBQ Grill attachment. One thing I don't understand to go camping and unplug somewhere, they didn't make it easy with 4 TV's on the unit.
I didn't buy it for the features, more so for it's size, floor plan and sleep capacity.

KevinD
02-22-2017, 01:17 AM
Cool beans. Congrats bud!

deebakes
02-22-2017, 02:13 AM
awesome, enjoy it! :tup:

Muddy
02-22-2017, 02:42 AM
It would only sleep about 1 comfortably with my snoring ass in it.. :lol:

Yt Trash
02-27-2017, 11:49 PM
It would only sleep about 1 comfortably with my snoring ass in it.. :lol:

I suffer from Sleep Apnea and snore like a chainsaw.

I just plug in my CPAP machine when I'm in it. 8-)

Muddy
02-28-2017, 12:09 AM
I suffer from Sleep Apnea and snore like a chainsaw.

I just plug in my CPAP machine when I'm in it. 8-)

Does that help? I think I just have loose skin in my throat from being overweight...

Yt Trash
02-28-2017, 02:38 AM
Does that help? I think I just have loose skin in my throat from being overweight...

Yes. I feel more rested in the morning. It took about a month or so to get used to sleeping with it, but now I can't fall asleep without it. My wife states I don't snore anymore, and the CPAP doesn't bother her, as far as noise at night.

Godfather
02-28-2017, 05:48 AM
Late to the party, but that thing is a beaut bud! I have such fond memories of camping across the US and Canada with my parents. If you ever tour up to BC, lemme know, I've got some great spots to recommend :mrgreen:

Noilly Pratt
02-28-2017, 11:14 PM
Yes. I feel more rested in the morning. It took about a month or so to get used to sleeping with it, but now I can't fall asleep without it. My wife states I don't snore anymore, and the CPAP doesn't bother her, as far as noise at night.

I have had a CPAP machine as well for about 2 years now. For me it's hereditary -- my dad had it (they didn't give you a machine back then...) and my bro has it as well. Something about the shape of the esophagus for us. Plus I'm fat, which does not help.

The machine means I sleep soundly through the night and the same for my wife. I am going to try to camp this year with the machine with 2 deep cycle batteries and a solar charger - where I camp there's no electricity.