PDA

View Full Version : Controversial Milo Yiannopoulos video where he allegedly "defends pedophilia and pedophiles"

Godfather
02-21-2017, 04:03 AM
This vid/headline emerged yesterday and today his book deal was dropped :-k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJhHwspZGcg

RBP
02-21-2017, 04:58 AM
I'll give him credit for even talking about his molestation in public. He's not defending child molesters and he has taken a very tough stances on the subject previously. How he frames it for his own health is not something we should judge.

I was far more offended by Lena Dunham admitting to sexually molesting her sister and then characterizing it as normal sexual exploration. In Milo's case, he's the victim.

Godfather
02-21-2017, 06:09 AM
Yep. I'm no fan of Milos, I find the longer someone lets him speak without interrupting, the dumber he gets :lol: But I have no idea who thought this was a reasonable headline, I expected him to full on be defending pedophilia based on it, but that's strictly not the case.

I recently started listening to Rogan's podcast so I'll listen to the whole thing soon, curious to hear it in full.

RBP
02-21-2017, 06:15 AM
They are politicians. Are they willing to use political capital on Milo? Nope. But they should stand up because it's not going to stop.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-21-2017, 11:35 AM
I love Milo, I think he is exactly what this PC World gone mad needs right now. He's nothing what people try and paint him to be and this headline is definitely more 'fake news' about Milo. Now, do I agree with everything he says? Of course not, but thank god he exists because he is one of the very, very few that speaks his mind and refuses to apologize for it when someone somewhere gets all butthurt about what he said.

Godfather
02-21-2017, 11:14 PM
Aaaand the guy lost his job as editor. Has a *victim* of molestation ever lost their job for talking about it before? What the ef...

Call me crazy but if aaaanyone else had similarly tried to talk through their abuse on a podcast, they wouldn't have received this backlash. Maybe they would've been told "hey look, this wasn't your fault" instead of "this guy is 'rationalizing' pedophilia."

He's obviously confused and it's probably extremely complicated for him so he tried to sort of make light of being molested... The guy has spoken harshly against abuse and pedophilia in the past. Maybe he shouldn't have aired this laundry online but the way he's being treated here is pitiful and harmful to victims.

DemonGeminiX
02-22-2017, 12:25 AM
It's called character assassination. Welcome to the left wing of the USA.

Godfather
02-22-2017, 03:40 AM
It's called character assassination. Welcome to the left wing of the USA.

It's actually so interesting... less than a week ago he does the Maher interview and it's probably a high moment of career. A few days later it gets stomped out. Hard not to think this truly was a well aimed shot.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-22-2017, 05:38 PM
We have to crush freedom of speech, he would say crazy shit to show that free speech is still legal even if it offends you....turns out....not so much