PDA

View Full Version : ‘Hillary Beat Trump’ Website Lets Clinton Fans Pretend She Won

Teh One Who Knocks
02-23-2017, 01:31 PM
By Emily Zanotti - Heat Street

http://i.imgur.com/06gmbqrh.jpg

What if Hillary Clinton—and not Donald Trump—won the 2016 Presidential election? A new “fake news” site aims to create just that fantasy for people who, six months on, still can’t quite come to grips with reality.

HillaryBeatTrump.org calls itself “News from the Real America,” where the “majority rules,” and the pantsuit-wearing political goddess has somehow, inexplicably triumphed over Trump.

With headlines like “Historians say Clinton’s presidency is already in “all time top 5,” and “NYT pans Clinton’s “oppressively intelligent press conference” as “boring and too sane,” the site takes “alternative facts” to the next level: deliberately allowing progressives to live in a well-decorated alternative universe.

The website claims to be satire, but it also says that it’s an active part of the organized anti-Trump movement, the “resistance.” On its about page, it whines, “In the midst of a Constitutional crisis, this is our response. Long live the true president, Hillary Rodham Clinton.”

It is not immediately clear what they mean by “Constitutional crisis,” but it probably has something to do with the Electoral College.

A Whois website ownership search revealed that the “Hillary Beat Trump” satirists have decided to remain anonymous. But the person (or persons) behind the site have already claimed all of the appropriate social media handles, and snapped up all the necessary Beyonce photographs.

Muddy
02-23-2017, 02:07 PM
Sorry 'hillarybeattrump.com ' does not exist or is not available.

#fakenews

Muddy
02-23-2017, 02:08 PM
Ahh.. its a .org

Teh One Who Knocks
02-23-2017, 05:36 PM
Did you look at some of the "headlines" on that site? :facepalm:

Muddy
02-23-2017, 07:43 PM
I did a quick pull and drag so nothing sunk into the ol' memory banks.. :lol:

Griffin
02-23-2017, 10:49 PM
because pretending the bitch won is so helpful to the state of the planet.

RBP
02-24-2017, 04:52 AM
So basically the Onion but for the vaginator.

Godfather
02-24-2017, 06:34 AM
I'd like a website to pretend Kang and Kodos won the election. I'm a snowflake and I demand my every fantasy fulfilled.

lost in melb.
02-26-2017, 03:50 AM
because pretending the bitch won is so helpful to the state of the planet.\

I heard the site is explicitely designed to annoy Trump supporters