PDA

View Full Version : Australian Bar Prohibits Men From Approaching Women, Must Speak ‘As They Would to Their Mother’

Teh One Who Knocks
02-24-2017, 12:55 PM
By Lukas Mikelionis - Heat Street

http://i.imgur.com/CtjOIAXh.jpg

A new bar in Canberra, Australia has created bizarre a rule for men: they are prohibited from approaching women; and if a female comes up to a man, he must speak to her “as he would speak to his mother.”

Maple Bar, according to the Daily Mail Australia, opened its doors last Saturday. Entry only comes with adherence to the formal dress code and house rules – especially about men not approaching women.

“We have a set of house rules, and the one that people have found most interesting is that gentlemen don’t approach ladies,” bar owner Mike Kadinski told the paper.

“And the rule is, if a gentleman is lucky enough to be approached by a lady, he speaks to her as he would speak to his mother.”

The owner disagreed that the rule would discourage men from approaching women, claiming “It’s not a way to discourage men to approach ladies.”

He said: “If there was an honest gentleman who approached a woman and asked to buy her a drink and she looked comfortable, none of the bar staff would have a problem with that.”

The dress code of the bar dictates that men must wear a formal suit and smart shoes, while women are expected to wear an “elegant” dress. The rule on men’s attire is supposed to reflect the effort many women put in to their appearance.

He said: “So many ladies go out there and put so much time a and effort in to getting dressed up, and then you get a guy who thinks its okay to put a t-shirt on with a pair of thongs (flip flops),” he said.

redred
02-24-2017, 01:03 PM
But I don't want a blow job from my mother

Griffin
02-24-2017, 11:34 PM
I was thinking "just call for me when dinners ready!" isn't much of an ice breaker.

redred
02-24-2017, 11:37 PM
tidy your room :lol:

Hugh_Janus
02-25-2017, 08:04 AM
you know what, until I read the " he must speak to her “as he would speak to his mother.”" bit I thought it wasn't a bad idea :lol:

lost in melb.
02-26-2017, 03:43 AM
you know what, until I read the " he must speak to her “as he would speak to his mother.”" bit I thought it wasn't a bad idea :lol:

Same here :lol: You don't get those aggressive fuck-nuts getting in the way