PDA

View Full Version : Rubio: Whether Trump's claims are true will become clear 'over the next few days'

lost in melb.
03-05-2017, 11:32 PM
Washington (CNN)Sen. Marco Rubio said Sunday that whether or not President Donald Trump's unsubstantiated assertions that President Barack Obama wiretapped his phones at Trump Tower during the presidential election are true will become clear "very quickly."

In an interview on CNN's "State of the Union" with Jake Tapper, the Florida Republican said he doesn't know where Trump's claim comes from.
"But I imagine we're going to learn more about it here over the next few days, one way or the other," Rubio said.
"I'm not sure what it is he is talking about," Rubio added. "Perhaps the President has information that is not yet available to us or to the public. And if it's true, obviously we're going to find out very quickly. And if it isn't, then obviously he'll have to explain what he meant by it."
Asked if the FBI should clear the matter up, Rubio said that's a "difficult thing." The FBI typically doesn't even acknowledge publicly when an investigation is underway, let alone delve into the details, he noted.
"And I know it's a source of deep frustration for a lot of people, not just on this issue, but in other issues in the past," Rubio said.
"But what I think we should do is, everybody needs to take a deep breath and calm down here," he said. "And let's go through this as what we are doing. In the Senate Intelligence Committee, we are working in a bipartisan way to collect facts that involve reviewing classified and sometimes unclassified and open-source information."
"We will issue a report to the Senate that will be available to the American people, and then people can form judgments on the basis of the collection of facts," Rubio said. "That is what we are undertaking. I remain confident that the Senate Intelligence Committee is going to produce a document built on the facts that will allow people to reach judgments based on the facts. And that's what we should be doing in something like this."
Trump made the claim in a series of tweets on Saturday. The President is also asking Congress to look into whether the Obama administration abused its investigative powers during the 2016 campaign, White House press secretary Sean Spicer said in a statement Sunday morning.
"Reports concerning potentially politically motivated investigations immediately ahead of the 2016 election are very troubling," Spicer said, posting the statement on Twitter. "President Donald J. Trump is requesting that as part of their investigation into Russian activity, the congressional intelligence committees exercise their oversight authority to determine whether executive branch investigative powers were abused in 2016.
"Neither the White House nor the President will comment further until such oversight is conducted," he added.
Spicer did not provide further details on the President's request of Congress

lost in melb.
03-05-2017, 11:35 PM
What an outrageous and illegal thing that Obama has (allegedly) done! I look forward to the full force of the law bearing down on his head when Trump releases evidence of his accusation :meh:

DemonGeminiX
03-05-2017, 11:39 PM
Oh, look... another Anti-Trump article and opinion posted by somebody who isn't an American. Not even in the same fucking hemisphere as the United States.

lost in melb.
03-05-2017, 11:49 PM
Oh, look... another Anti-Trump article and opinion posted by somebody who isn't an American. Not even in the same fucking hemisphere as the United States.

Hey, thanks for the personal attack! By the way I am coming there to live next year, so the fact that the US president appears to be a pathological and unrepenting liar probably does bear some import.

On the matter of this being an anti-Trump article, did you realise that Rubio is a republican and on the intelligence senate committee? It's a perfectly fair article and interview. Whether of not I think that Trump is a moron (like many others) is irrelevant.

Hugh_Janus
03-06-2017, 12:30 AM
why don't people believe him? I mean obviously he's made people aware of how he got this information and who he got it from.... right?

#fakenews

Hugh_Janus
03-06-2017, 12:34 AM
also, inb4 the inevitable "if you don't like how the country is run, don't come and live over here "

:rofl:

lost in melb.
03-06-2017, 01:29 AM
also, inb4 the inevitable "if you don't like how the country is run, don't come and live over here "

:rofl:

I know, great timing huh?

Trump well make a great president in the end, dishonest /weird or not, but if he becomes too unhinged it's gonna be someone else taking the reins!

The Monk
03-06-2017, 02:50 AM

Are you The Donald's love child by chance? :mrgreen:

DemonGeminiX
03-06-2017, 02:57 AM
Hey, thanks for the personal attack! By the way I am coming there to live next year, so the fact that the US president appears to be a pathological and unrepenting liar probably does bear some import.

On the matter of this being an anti-Trump article, did you realise that Rubio is a republican and on the intelligence senate committee? It's a perfectly fair article and interview. Whether of not I think that Trump is a moron (like many others) is irrelevant.

A personal attack from me would look a whole helluva lot different. Hopefully when you come to live over here, you come over with an open mind to how the majority of Americans really think, and not what the liberal media is telling you they think (which is really just what the liberal media is thinking), and get to understanding why we're thinking that way. The liberal media told you that he's unpopular, and they've been saying that since he entered the race, yet here he is, our President. So who can you believe? I know exactly who Rubio is. I live in the state above the one he was elected to represent in Congress. I like Marco Rubio, I really do.

Pathological liar? Well, I guess that makes him a politician then, because they're all pathological liars. It seems to be in the job description. Although what other lies you think he told, if you list them out for us, we'll consider them one by one and let you know if we think they're lies.

Personally, I think he uses Twitter to do exactly what he does: Rile up the left. Kind of like how you're all riled up over this crap. Me? I'm tired of all of this bullshit. Again, the man has been in the office less than 3 months and you and/or others have already judged his presidency to be an utter disaster of a failure. He hasn't even gotten started yet.

As far as the claim goes, I don't know, you don't know, and I dare say everybody on this Earth that's making claims about it probably doesn't know either. Did it make me wince? Sure. It seems a little far-fetched. But... is it, really? I mean Obama hasn't exactly followed the law to the letter in his 8 years in office. Hell you can check this forum regarding the number of times a bunch of us said that he was breaking the law and should probably be impeached for it. It's pretty much common knowledge that he ordered Immigration to violate US immigration law by refusing to enforce the immigration laws that we have on the books. That whole Fast and Furious thing was all kinds of illegal. There's a bunch of other stuff too that I don't feel like thinking or talking about. But honestly, with all these things in mind, is it really that far fetched? Outlandish? Sure Trump may say some crazy things sometimes, but really? Are they that crazy? I'm not so sure. So I'm gonna reserve my opinion on this issue, and I advise you to do the same. Skepticism is a good thing, but discounting all possible options is not. I'm gonna wait and see what happens. If it turns out to be a bunch of crap, then so be it. He's got a problem then, and he's gonna have to answer to somebody for it. But if it doesn't...

DemonGeminiX
03-06-2017, 02:58 AM
Are you The Donald's love child by chance? :mrgreen:

No, but if she wasn't married, I wouldn't mind cosing up to his daughter.

redred
03-06-2017, 07:01 AM
Cnn #fake story :lol:

lost in melb.
03-06-2017, 09:41 AM
A personal attack from me would look a whole helluva lot different. Hopefully when you come to live over here, you come over with an open mind to how the majority of Americans really think, and not what the liberal media is telling you they think (which is really just what the liberal media is thinking), and get to understanding why we're thinking that way. The liberal media told you that he's unpopular, and they've been saying that since he entered the race, yet here he is, our President. So who can you believe? I know exactly who Rubio is. I live in the state above the one he was elected to represent in Congress. I like Marco Rubio, I really do.

Pathological liar? Well, I guess that makes him a politician then, because they're all pathological liars. It seems to be in the job description. Although what other lies you think he told, if you list them out for us, we'll consider them one by one and let you know if we think they're lies.

Personally, I think he uses Twitter to do exactly what he does: Rile up the left. Kind of like how you're all riled up over this crap. Me? I'm tired of all of this bullshit. Again, the man has been in the office less than 3 months and you and/or others have already judged his presidency to be an utter disaster of a failure. He hasn't even gotten started yet.

As far as the claim goes, I don't know, you don't know, and I dare say everybody on this Earth that's making claims about it probably doesn't know either. Did it make me wince? Sure. It seems a little far-fetched. But... is it, really? I mean Obama hasn't exactly followed the law to the letter in his 8 years in office. Hell you can check this forum regarding the number of times a bunch of us said that he was breaking the law and should probably be impeached for it. It's pretty much common knowledge that he ordered Immigration to violate US immigration law by refusing to enforce the immigration laws that we have on the books. That whole Fast and Furious thing was all kinds of illegal. There's a bunch of other stuff too that I don't feel like thinking or talking about. But honestly, with all these things in mind, is it really that far fetched? Outlandish? Sure Trump may say some crazy things sometimes, but really? Are they that crazy? I'm not so sure. So I'm gonna reserve my opinion on this issue, and I advise you to do the same. Skepticism is a good thing, but discounting all possible options is not. I'm gonna wait and see what happens. If it turns out to be a bunch of crap, then so be it. He's got a problem then, and he's gonna have to answer to somebody for it. But if it doesn't...

Cool, I know you kinda shoot from the hip and speak your mind, DGX. All good

the man has been in the office less than 3 months and you and/or others have already judged his presidency to be an utter disaster of a failure. He hasn't even gotten started yet.

I like his daughter and I haven't written him off completely yet. I despise Bannon.

He is an easy target for ridicule, though. If he would only stop the impulsive tweeting...