View Full Version : Obama Minions Shouldn’t Act High and Mighty When It Comes to Abuse of Power

Teh One Who Knocks
03-06-2017, 01:42 PM
By Joe Simonson - Heat Street

http://i.imgur.com/WcQZhCXh.jpg

It’s a tough time for President Obama’s former lackeys. One day you’re day dreaming of how you’ll continue scheming in Hillary Clinton’s administration, and the next you’re stuck sitting at home with no pants on and a hungry cat whose litter box is full. No one thinks you’re relevant anymore, so the only platform you have to bitch and moan is Twitter. Maybe you’ll get lucky and Chuck Todd will mention one of your trivial tweets on Meet the Press.

One of the prime examples of this harrowing existence is Ben Rhodes, an ex-foreign policy advisor and speechwriter for Obama. Ben’s latest crusade is acting indignant over President Trump’s accusations that his boss wiretapped Trump’s phone.

Rhodes responded to the allegation with the following, “No President can order a wiretap. Those restrictions were put in place to protect citizens from people like you.”

Some balls on this guy.

Does Rhodes really want to take a trip down memory lane? Sure, people like him benefit from a mainstream media that’s practically begging for Obama to hop on a white horse, ride into the White House, and depose Trump. But any idiot (that’s me) knows that someone like Rhodes is one of the last people innocent of being part of an administration free of executive branch misconduct.

http://i.imgur.com/ry1fVe7.jpg

Let’s start with the IRS scandal. Where were the restrictions to protect everyday Americans from people like Lois Lerner, the former IRS official who oversaw the organization’s systematic discrimination and intimidation of conservative nonprofits? Don’t count on a Democratic Department of Justice to act as a watchdog — despite clear evidence of illegal behavior and unprecedented abuses of power by the IRS, Obama’s DOJ decreed that no criminal acts had been committed.

The scary thing is that if Republicans didn’t take control of Congress in the wake of the scandal, the IRS likely would have continued this kind of behavior through 2016. Even though the IRS had destroyed evidence in the middle of the investigation, that Lerner used an e-mail account under the name of “Toby Miles” for official business, and that she was held in contempt of Congress, our cool-guy-in-chief said “not even a smidgen of corruption” plagued the agency. Well, that settles it.

But hey, Ben Rhodes was only referring to wiretapping, right? Obama would never misuse that kind of power. Until he did.

Back in 2013 it was revealed that Obama’s Justice Department snatched the phone records of over 20 reporters and editors of The Associated Press in what was characterized as a “serious interference with A.P.’s constitutional rights to gather and report the news.” Obama also used the Espionage Act more than all previous presidents combined to go after leakers who fed information to the press. How progressive.

Think Trump has a reason to be paranoid yet?

And what safeguards were put in place to protect Fox News reporter James Rosen from being labeled a “criminal co-conspirator” for merely informing Americans about what’s going on around the world? That investigation led to searches of Rosen’s e-mails and phone records — all because he was just doing his job.

And don’t tell me it’s just a coincidence that Rosen happens to work for Fox. If someone broke a story about how Trump was reading an NBC reporter’s mail, Rachel Maddow would immediately be in full army fatigues screaming “ATTICA! ATTICA!” in Times Square. Instead, Trump sends the media into apoplectic fits when he calls it the “enemy of the people,” while his predecessor actually treated it like one.

Forgive me for not wanting to hear a peep from these Obama toadies. So far, most of Trump’s missteps have been a result of incompetence, not malfeasance. Besides, I guarantee the first time Trump pulls something truly inappropriate with the press, he’ll use Obama’s behavior as a cover. Until then, I think I’ll continue ignoring Rhodes — and I suggest you do the same. If Rhodes really cared about limiting a president’s power, he wouldn’t wear his previous job title so proudly.

lost in melb.
03-07-2017, 04:37 AM
ack in 2013 it was revealed that Obama’s Justice Department snatched the phone records of over 20 reporters and editors of The Associated Press in what was characterized as a “serious interference with A.P.’s constitutional rights to gather and report the news.”

is this illegal?- and misleading inference from title "Obama's justice department"

Obama also used the Espionage Act more than all previous presidents combined to go after leakers who fed information to the press. How progressive

Good for him :idk:

Besides, I guarantee the first time Trump pulls something truly inappropriate with the press, he’ll use Obama’s behavior as a cover.

Precisely, a reoccurring pattern. And if true, suggests that once people are tired of stories about Obama, Trump will find other things to attack (when attacked himself)

RBP
03-07-2017, 04:39 AM
45 days. Can we all just chill the fuck out? Yes, DJT, you also.

lost in melb.
03-07-2017, 04:41 AM
45 days. Can we all just chill the fuck out? Yes, DJT, you also.

I was just about to post another article about Trump's rage, but I won't now. You've scared me off! :lol:

RBP
03-07-2017, 04:44 AM
:lol: