PDA

View Full Version : Canada’s PM Trudeau’s Wife Under Fire For ‘Problematic’ Call To Also Celebrate Men on Women’s Day

Teh One Who Knocks
03-08-2017, 03:36 PM
By Lukas Mikelionis - Heat Street

http://i.imgur.com/a2bHKkqh.jpg

Canadian hunky Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s wife has come under fire on social media after suggesting that men should be celebrated too on International Women’s Day.

Sophie Trudeau posted a picture on Instagram showing her holding hands with her woke feminist husband and wrote: “As we mark International Women’s Day, let’s celebrate the boys and men in our lives who encourage us to be who we truly are, who treat girls & women with respect.”

She urged women to share pictures on social media with their “male ally” to help “create a movement that inspires more men to join the fight to build a better tomorrow with equal rights & opportunities for everyone”.

Her call to celebrate men on the International Women’s Day, however, wasn’t taken lightly and was criticized for being “problematic”.

A conservative MP Michelle Rempel tweeted “I’ve never had to have my hand held” and suggested instead to “donate to a charity that opposes female genital mutilation” and other actions that make real life impact.

A woman from Vancouver also slammed the PM’s wife, saying “This is so problematic I don’t even know where to start.”

She continued: “International women’s day is a day to celebrate intersectional feminism and acknowledge the strides women have taken for equality while simultaneously acknowledging the active misogyny women and women identified individuals encounter on a daily basis. It is NOT a day about men.”

“Sophie Trudeau on FB calling to celebrate men on International Women’s Day tomorrow. Liberals are weird,” wrote a Teen Vogue feminist contributor, Laura Witt.

Another feminist writer, Mariam Ibrahim, who describes herself on Twitter as “feminist killjoy”, tweeted: “No, Sophie Trudeau, #IWD is not about celebrating men for doing, what, the bare minimum?”

Sophie Trudeau has responded to her critics in a post on Tuesday, claiming “Well, now we’re having a conversation!”

“Our goal is gender equality, and fighting for it is going to require men and women working together – raising our boys and girls to make a difference, hand-in-hand. This is about recognizing that we should be allies on this journey,” she added.

lost in melb.
03-09-2017, 01:45 AM
Is it possible to do a leadership transplant between two friendly countries? (Including wives)