PDA

View Full Version : Chinese woman subjected to ‘severe racial attack’ in Burwood, Sydney

Teh One Who Knocks
03-09-2017, 12:21 PM
News.com.au

http://i.imgur.com/U3wZx64.jpg

A CHINESE Australian woman was left bloodied after being punched in the face and told: “Get out of my country”.

The shocking racist attack occurred on February 4 while a woman called Lina was waiting at traffic lights near Burwood mall, in Sydney’s inner west.

Lina told Chinese language newspaper Sydney Today it was about midday when a “caucasian looking man” began his verbal attack.

She turned away from him and began to walk away but then the unidentified man stopped her and punched her in the face.

Witnesses to the assault who were driving beeped their horns to get the attacker to stop — but this only made him start hitting the cars.

Lina immediately called police and the man fled.

She told Sydney Today the incident was a “severe racial attack”. She was helped by passers-by until emergency services arrived.

A witness told SBS how the attacker banged on her car as she frantically beeped at him. She had to keep driving because she had children with her, but then parked and went back to help.

“When I told my kid that I want to go back and check, they were a bit scared. I said ‘we can’t leave the poor girl alone.’”

She found Lina surrounded by people and covered in blood. She left her details with her, and has been waiting for police to call her.

“I was wondering why it’s been so long yet the police still haven’t contacted me?”

The witness said: “Even if it is not considered as a racial attack, I think we still need to be concerned. I hope my [evidence] can help the police to fast track the case.”