PDA

View Full Version : The 50 Worst Inventions - Time Magazine

Yt Trash
06-26-2011, 01:14 PM
The 50 Worst Inventions

From the zany to the dangerous to the just plain dumb, here is TIME's list (in no particular order) of some of the world's bright ideas that just didn't work out

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/completelist/0,29569,1991915,00.html#ixzz1QO50tu6Y

Segway
New Coke
Clippy
Agent Orange
CueCat
Subprime Mortgages
Crinoline
Nintendo Virtual Boy
Farmville
Hydrogenated Oils
Honegar
Hydrogen Blimps
Hair in a Can
DDT
Auto-Tune
Red Dye No. 2
Ford Pinto
Parachute Jacket
Betamax
Baby Cage
Tanning Beds
Crocs
Hula Chair
Foursquare
Pop-Up Ads
Phone Fingers
CFCs
Plastic Grocery Bags
Bumpit
Electric Facial Mask
Sony CD Copy Protection
Venetian-Blind Sunglasses
Pet Spa
Pontiac Aztek
Snuggie for Dogs
Mizar Flying Car
Asbestos
Olestra
Comfort Wipe
Fake Ponytails
HeadOn
Pay Toilets
Tamagotchis
Leaded Gasoline
Vibrating Ab Belt
Spam E-mail
Smell-o-Vision
Smile Checks
Microsoft Bob
Vio

Teh One Who Knocks
06-26-2011, 02:25 PM
New Coke was a complete abomination [-(

FBD
06-28-2011, 11:33 AM
*facepalm*

DDT (lives dont count)
Betamax (it was better than vhs hands down)
plastic grocery bags (what about the trees?)
CFCs (causing that global cooling...that was causing the global warming... oh wait nvm, are we talking computer fantasy or reality :roll:)
Copy protection :-s
Venetian-Blind Sunglasses (ever heard of the concept of a diffuser?)

Softdreamer
06-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Crocs.. :lol:

Scratch Betamax and replace with Silicone Implants

Dragoness_Cutie
06-28-2011, 01:11 PM
Most of these I can agree with, easily, but the following... I'm not so sure.

Segway
Farmville
Betamax
Tanning Beds
Crocs
HeadOn
Tamagotchis

Segways may not be the most healthy way to travel, but have you ever been on one? Man, those things are fun! And they've made plenty of money in city tours. Enough that between the two, I think it justifies them.

Farmville... are you frickin' kidding me?! FARMVILLE? This took a simple idea and made crazy amounts of money. How is this on the list?

Betamax just had bad advertising, I think. It was a far superior quality than VHS.

Tanning beds are awesome and I don't care what anyone says. I get to be tan all over with no tan lines without having to worry about purvy guys or tickets for public indecency while I'm sunbathing, I think that's a plus. Sure, they give you cancer, but so does ACTUAL tanning.

Crocs look stupid but those damned things are comfy!

HeadOn... its both a great and stupid idea, but it works okay for minor headaches, actually.

Tamogotchis may not have made my entire middle school productive in any way, but they were a lot of fun. I know people that had several of them that they were "raising" at one time. Well, between these and GigaPets, at least.