PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Man Accused Of Going To Georgia For Sex With Teen

Teh One Who Knocks
03-15-2017, 11:02 AM
CBS 4 Denver

http://i.imgur.com/NAlRPQk.jpg

AUGUSTA, Ga. (AP) – Authorities have arrested a Colorado man they say traveled to Georgia intending to have sex with an underage girl.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said in a news release Monday that 48-year-old Richard Andrew Mennemeyer of Northglenn, Colorado, was arrested without incident Saturday.

The GBI says Mennemeyer believed he had set up a meeting with a 14-year-old girl to have sex but had actually been communicating with undercover law enforcement officers.

Mennemeyer is charged with criminal attempt to commit child molestation. He was being held at the Richmond County jail. It wasn’t immediately clear whether he had an attorney who could comment.

Mennemeyer worked as a commercial truck driver. The GBI says he was previously convicted in Colorado in 1999 for sexual assault on a child.

RBP
03-15-2017, 11:15 AM
Did they really take an ex-offender who has likely been clean for 18 years (has a CDL) and groom him to offend again? Seriously?

If that's the scenario, that is beyond fucked up for the police to do that. Why the fuck would they do that to someone?

deebakes
03-16-2017, 01:50 AM
because apparently they can :|

Muddy
03-16-2017, 03:16 PM
Did they really take an ex-offender who has likely been clean for 18 years (has a CDL) and groom him to offend again? Seriously?

If that's the scenario, that is beyond fucked up for the police to do that. Why the fuck would they do that to someone?

Who's to say the guy wasn't looking and didn't initiate the meeting himself? If that's the case, I'd say the system worked beautifully.

RBP
03-17-2017, 12:23 AM
Who's to say the guy wasn't looking and didn't initiate the meeting himself? If that's the case, I'd say the system worked beautifully.
Except it's all make believe. But hey, pieces of shit need to be flushed, so any means is justified. Am I right?!?

Muddy
03-17-2017, 02:12 PM
Except it's all make believe. But hey, pieces of shit need to be flushed, so any means is justified. Am I right?!?

What part was make believe? The part about him soliciting what he believed was a minor?

Goofy
03-17-2017, 03:10 PM

Correct :tup:

Or are you being sarcastic? :-k

deebakes
03-18-2017, 02:07 AM
:ffs:

RBP
03-18-2017, 03:55 AM
What part was make believe? The part about him soliciting what he believed was a minor?

He never spoke to a child. Not only that, but the purpose of the sting is to lure him in using whatever manipulation possible. It is highly unlikely that the conversation remotely mimiced what an actual attempted grooming would be.

RBP
03-18-2017, 03:56 AM
Correct :tup:

Or are you being sarcastic? :-k

The latter.