PDA

View Full Version : Schiff: There is now 'more than circumstantial evidence' of Trump-Russia collusion

Godfather
03-23-2017, 07:48 AM
Rep. Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, said Wednesday that there is “more than circumstantial evidence now” to suggest that President Donald Trump’s campaign may have colluded with Russia’s attempts to disrupt the election, but he would not offer details.

“I can tell you that the case is more than that,” Schiff told Chuck Todd on MSNBC. “And I can’t go into the particulars, but there is more than circumstantial evidence now.”

When Todd followed up, asking if he had “seen direct evidence of collusion,” Schiff would not say so directly, but insisted that he has seen some “evidence that is not circumstantial” and is worth investigating.

“I don’t want to go into specifics, but I will say that there is evidence that is not circumstantial and is very much worthy of investigation, so that is what we ought to do,” Schiff said.

The FBI is currently investigating any links between the Trump campaign and Russia and whether the two parties coordinated with Russia’s suspected cyberattacks on Democratic Party officials before the election.

Trump and his aides have repeatedly denied any such wrongdoing. While Democrats have been raising questions about the president’s relationship with Russia for months, no public evidence has emerged to tie him or his associates directly to the cyberattacks.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/schiff-russia-trump-collusion-236386

Godfather
03-23-2017, 07:52 AM
Schiff is a former US prosecutor, who has, for example, previously prosecuted an FBI agent for colluding with Russia. Seems like he's choosing his words carefully.

His counterpart Nunes is a former dairy farmer with a history of obstructing justice.

This is going to be an interesting few weeks.

lost in melb.
03-23-2017, 08:43 AM
I wish the truth would come out and this administration would be given a chance to simply implement its policies (mostly of the old school trickle-down variety) and see if they work. Doubtful, but it's the only way forward.

I doubt there was serious collusion with Russia, but probably many a greasy-palm deal was discussed.