PDA

View Full Version : Woman Blinded Boyfriend by Pouring Half a Liter of Sulphuric Acid on Him

Teh One Who Knocks
03-23-2017, 12:22 PM
By Heat Street Staff

http://i.imgur.com/YM07L6mh.jpg

A woman who blinded her boyfriend by pouring half a liter of sulphuric acid over his face and body as he slept has been jailed for life.

Katie Leong, 52, fantasized about attacking someone with acid after developing an obsession with a woman who had herself been seriously disfigured by an acid attack a decade ago.

A court was told the Leong was obsessed with Katie Piper, a model who overcame her injuries and is now a TV presenter.

Leong, of Leicester, England, first tested the effects of the 96 per cent pure sulphuric acid on sausages.

She then went into Daniel Rotariu’s bedroom with a half-liter bottle following an argument, leaving him with appalling injuries. The acid was so strong it melted his bedding.

Mr Rotariu, 31, spent six months in hospital and must have another 20 operations.

Sentencing Leong to a minimum of 17 years in prison, Mr Justice Haddon-Cave said Leong had tried to cover as much of Mr Rotariu’s face as possible with the acid.
He said: ‘Mr Rotariu awoke and it felt as if boiling water was being poured over him and he issued an ear-splitting scream. You derived macabre pleasure of thinking about and carrying out your attack on Daniel Rotariu. You’d harboured a long-standing fantasy about throwing acid in someone’s face and kept a copy of Katie Piper’s book, called Beautiful, beside your bed. You’re a highly manipulative, scheming and controlling person. This offence was a breach of trust by you as Mr Rotariu’s girlfriend and you grossly abused and exploited that trust and attacked him in the most cowardly of circumstances as he slept in his own bed, a bed he used to share with you. It’s a living catastrophe you’ve brought upon this man.’

In a victim impact statement read out before sentencing, Mr Rotariu said: ‘I’m afraid I’m not going to have a relationship ever. I have to make plans, I can’t stay on benefits, I’ve worked all my life. I’m going to need another 20 operations. I’ve had over 5,000 tablets, I’ve counted them. It’s hard and sometimes I wish I was dead and I hadn’t survived.’

PorkChopSandwiches
03-23-2017, 04:10 PM
:shock:

Muddy
03-23-2017, 04:14 PM
Off with her head!

deebakes
03-24-2017, 01:48 AM
:(

RBP
03-24-2017, 03:14 AM
bitches be cray