PDA

View Full Version : NY Man Charged With Faking Swastika Hate Crime Against Himself

Teh One Who Knocks
03-24-2017, 10:47 AM
By Ian Miles Cheong - Heat Street

http://i.imgur.com/Ap6OwPnh.jpg

Police have charged a Schenectady, NY man for faking a hate crime against himself. Last month, 54-year-old Andrew King made the news after he alleged that neo-Nazis had vandalized his home with swastikas. King may not even be Jewish, as he claimed to be.

King first reported the vandalism of his home to police on Feb. 10, stating that someone had defiled his home overnight. Speaking to the media following the report, King wore a yarmulke and presented himself as a proud man of faith, expressing fears that he was targeted for his Jewish heritage. “I don’t know, maybe they are going to do more than that, maybe from spray paint to trying to harm me,” he said.

Now, police have arrested King for falsely reporting a crime the say never happened. Following a five-week investigation into the alleged hate crime, police discovered that he spraypainted the swastika on his own home.

An ABC News 10 reporter spoke to prominent Jewish leaders in the area and determined that King was neither Jewish, nor a practicing convert. They told News 10 that King attempted to convert to Judaism several times but was turned down by at least two congregations.

King, who has been arrested, says he got two black eyes from police officers during an attempt to arrest him on a separate charge that he made threats to a county employee.

The alleged hoax follows the story of a Michigan man who claimed that his mother died in Iraq because of Donald Trump’s immigration policies, and a teenager who created a fake white supremacist social media account to harass her school.

deebakes
03-25-2017, 06:34 PM
:ffs: