PDA

View Full Version : Outrage Over TSA Agent's Search Of Boy

Teh One Who Knocks
03-28-2017, 11:09 AM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/hT8yU5c.jpg

A video (below) of a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) agent searching a boy at the Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport on March 26 has gone viral, and spurred outrage.

In the video, the TSA agent is seen patting down the front of the boy's shorts twice, checking his waistband twice, and checking between his thighs, notes KXAS.

The boy's mother, Jennifer Williamson, filmed the incident and posted the video on Facebook with a mention that her son has SPD, which may be short for Sensory Processing Disorder:

We have been through hell this morning. They detained Aaron for well over an hour at DFW. (And deliberately kept us from our flight... we are now on an alternate) We were treated like dogs because I requested they attempt to screen him in other ways per TSA rules. He has SPD and I didn't want my child given a pat down like this.

Let me make something else crystal clear. He set off NO alarms. He physically did not alarm at all during screening, he passed through the detector just fine. He is still several hours later saying "I don't know what I did. What did I do?" I am livid.

Please, share... make this viral like the other children's videos with TSA... I wish I had taped the entire interchange because it was horrifying. We had two DFW police officers that were called and flanking him on each side.

Somehow these power tripping TSA agents who are traumatizing children and doing whatever they feel like without any cause, need to be reined in.

The TSA said in a statement that the agent's search of the boy followed approved procedures to "resolve an alarm of the passenger's laptop," notes The Dallas Morning News.

The TSA said the passengers were stopped for about 35 minutes, which included the time spent going over the screening procedures with Williamson, the pat down of the boy, and a search of three carry-on items.

The TSA also noted that the boy cooperated with the adult male TSA agent:

The video shows a male TSA officer explaining the procedure to the passenger, who fully cooperates. Afterward, the TSA officer was instructed by his supervisor, who was observing, to complete the final step of the screening process.

According to the Star Institute For Sensory Processing Disorder, SPD is a neurological condition in which someone's nervous system mixes up information, which causes abnormal responses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOV-bnS3LXg

PorkChopSandwiches
03-28-2017, 03:51 PM
Shut em down, bunch of idiots in that department

Teh One Who Knocks
03-28-2017, 03:52 PM
That kid looked like a terrorist :hand: