PDA

View Full Version : America Failing: Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s Won’t Feature Boobs in Their Ads Anymore

Teh One Who Knocks
03-31-2017, 11:08 AM
By Joe Simonson - Heat Street

http://i.imgur.com/jBoSMQCh.jpg

President Trump was supposed to stop these things from happening.

After years of being an all-American burger company, CKE Restaurants, the parent company of Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s, has decided to stop featuring large-breasted, hot women from the chain-restaurant’s advertisements.

In a video as threatening to American values as Leni Riefenstahl’s “The Triumph of the Will,” the company describes a refocus on “food, not boobs.” The satirical video features Hardee Sr., played by Charles Esten, retaking control of the company from his out-of-control and horny son.

The restaurant chains’ use of attractive women eating meaty burgers drew the ire of cranky feminists over the years. Back in 2013, Madeleine Davies of Jezebel labeled the commercials “disgusting.”

Former Labor Secretary nominee and retired CKE Restaurants CEO Andrew Puzder defended his ads from the media’s swiftboating in 2015: “I don’t think there’s anything wrong with a beautiful woman in a bikini, eating a burger and washing a Bentley or a pickup truck or being in a hot tub,” Puzder said. “I think there’s probably nothing more American.”

Amen.

Puzder stepped down from leading CKE Restaurants this month and had to withdraw his nomination for Labor Secretary amid accusations that he had mistreated workers and an admission that he employed an illegal immigrant as a housekeeper.

When asked if the change in advertising strategy was a response to the politically correct, sissy-baby, liberal, body-positivity campaigns of other brands like Dove and Always, CKE Chief Marketing Officer Brad Haley denied capitulating to the enemy.

“The biggest one was that we do an unbelievable amount of things in a restaurant to prepare our food, we buy ingredients unlike any others, but our research showed we weren’t getting credit for it,” Haley said. “People didn’t know about it, or we told them so long ago they forgot.”

Despite the change, Haley says the company isn’t “apologetic about the approach we took,” and called the campaign “very successful.”

Griffin
04-01-2017, 12:52 AM
:(

PorkChopSandwiches
04-01-2017, 06:15 PM
That's to bad

Hugh_Janus
04-01-2017, 07:47 PM
rip in peace

deebakes
04-01-2017, 08:57 PM
:(

RBP
04-01-2017, 09:28 PM
I won't pass judgement until I see if I can wank to the new campaign.

Griffin
04-01-2017, 10:16 PM
okee dokee
https://www.ispot.tv/ad/7uxB/carls-jr-aqua-teen-hunger-force-and-fresh-baked-buns

DemonGeminiX
04-02-2017, 01:50 AM
The ads were fun, but I actually like their burgers so, who cares? I'll get my burgers from there regardless.