PDA

View Full Version : University Sets Up Booths Where Men Can Confess ‘Toxic’ Sins of Masculinity

Teh One Who Knocks
03-31-2017, 12:20 PM
By Emily Zanotti - Heat Street

http://i.imgur.com/MjnpL8lh.jpg

The University of Regina is asking its male students to own up to their toxic masculinity, and they’re setting up a confessional booth—similar to those in Catholic churches—where guys can confess their sins of “hypermasculinity.”

The program is part of the university’s “Man Up Against Violence” program, which encourages guys on campus to take control of their masculine nature and speak out against sexual harassment.

But like most good efforts begun by social justice warriors, the Man Up Against Violence program ultimately takes a bizarre turn. In this case, they’re asking the men on campus to start the program by laying bare all of their “sins” against the women of the community.

http://i.imgur.com/fwXFGAd.png

“Meet up with [University of Regina Students’ Union] members and make a confession,” the program’s website reads. “We have all reinforced hypermasculinity one way or another regardless of our gender! … Come and share your sins so we can begin to discuss how to identify and change our ways!”

The description seems to indicate that women who reinforce gender stereotypes will be able to confess their sins as well.

The booth will appear next week. It’s not clear whether the students hearing the confessions will be able to grant absolution—or at least provide you with a “This is What a Feminist Looks Like” t-shirt.

Once the confessional disappears, it will be replaced by a series of brown bag seminars, where men on campus can hone their expertise at embracing their feminine side. Ultimately, the program’s goal is to erase masculinity altogether.

“At the Man Up Against Violence initiative, we challenge mindsets and behaviors with regard to the social construction of masculinity and its relationship with violence,” their website says.

If you’re unable to get to the booth in Saskatchewan next week, however, there are some instructional videos available on the group’s website.

Muddy
03-31-2017, 04:46 PM
I want to jack off in one...

Griffin
04-01-2017, 12:37 AM
I want to punch the whiny bitches that constantly push these petty assed agendas in the fucking face.

RBP
04-01-2017, 04:18 AM

A confessional or a feminist?

lost in melb.
04-01-2017, 05:32 AM

Hahaha, I was just thinking that. Flop it out, "here's my confession"