PDA

View Full Version : North Korean leader Kim Jong Un 'desperate,' ready to strike US, defector says

Teh One Who Knocks
04-04-2017, 11:58 AM
FOX News and The Associated Press

http://i.imgur.com/MlowM8ih.jpg

North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un is reportedly growing “desperate” and is ready to strike the United States with a nuclear weapon, a defector from the regime said on Sunday.

Thae Yong Ho, the most senior North Korean defector in 20 years, told NBC News that Kim Jong Un is “desperate in maintaining his rule by relying on his [development of] nuclear weapons and [intercontinental ballistic missiles].”

“Once he sees that there is any kind of sign of a tank or an imminent threat from America, then he would use his nuclear weapons with ICBM,” said Thae, who defected in August.

Thae, who had served as North Korea’s deputy ambassador to the United Kingdom, said he was not directly involved in the dictatorship’s weapons program.

North Korea is believed to have several nuclear weapons; however, it is unknown if they could effectively use one to attack the U.S. In December, news emerged that North Korea could indeed attach a nuclear warhead to a missile -- but it did not appear the country could hit a target.

North Korea is now “fully equipped with nuclear attack capability,” Kim Jong Un announced after a submarine-launched missile in August.

Though he was believed to have been exaggerating, North Korea may have medium-range missiles capable of striking American military bases in the Pacific in the next couple years, experts say. Some believe Pyongyang may be able to hit the western U.S. as early as 2020.

North Korea continues to test ballistic missiles in provocative launches that have raised concerns among U.S. and Japanese leaders, among other nations.

lost in melb.
04-04-2017, 12:33 PM
I wonder what the current US contingency is should NK launch a nuclear strike (even a likely unsuccessful one)?

DemonGeminiX
04-04-2017, 02:59 PM
I think it's safe to say now that that pussy Obama isn't in office anymore, and the Republicans control everything, that if North Korea ever tried to strike us, North Korea would be ash not long after.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-04-2017, 03:13 PM
Being so close to S. Korea, I'm not sure if the US would retaliate with a nuclear strike, but I guarantee we would level the country with conventional weaponry.

Muddy
04-04-2017, 03:49 PM
I only fear for S.K and Japan being in such proximity..

DemonGeminiX
04-04-2017, 03:58 PM
Being so close to S. Korea, I'm not sure if the US would retaliate with a nuclear strike, but I guarantee we would level the country with conventional weaponry.

:nono:

One could turn a country to ash with conventional weapons, if one were so determined.

PorkChopSandwiches
04-04-2017, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I doubt we would use a nuke, but we would bomb the shit out of them

lost in melb.
04-05-2017, 11:24 AM
That's what I was thinking. You could smack out anything important and then S Korea could roll in there with tanks.

Muddy
04-05-2017, 02:28 PM
:nono:

One could turn a country to ash with conventional weapons, if one were so determined.

Yes, but they could lob their little bit of dirty little turd nukes over the border at S.K. or Japan.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-05-2017, 02:32 PM
Yes, but they could lob their little bit of dirty little turd nukes over the border at S.K. or Japan.

I would imagine that the first order of business during a military strike would be to neutralize all their missile launching capabilities by destroying all of their launch facilities.

Muddy
04-05-2017, 02:34 PM
We'd hope.. :)

Hugh_Janus
04-06-2017, 06:46 PM
norkor gon fuck you up :dance: