PDA

View Full Version : Bonkers Feminists Slam Rapper Kendrick Lamar for Embracing Women’s Natural Beauty

Teh One Who Knocks
04-04-2017, 01:12 PM
By Lukas Mikelionis - Heat Street

http://i.imgur.com/htbG3v0h.jpg

Twitter feminists have bizarrely accused Grammy Award winning rapper Kendrick Lamar of misogyny and sexism over lyrics in a new song celebrating natural beauty.

The song called “Humble” was released last week and in it Lamar raps how he’s “sick and tired of the Photoshop” and wants to see “somethin’ natural like afro on Richard Pryor” and “natural like a** with some strechmarks”. The video of the rap song also shows a black woman without makeup and with strechmarks.

Despite decades of feminists railing against unnatural beauty standards, the rapper’s song sent feminists into overdrive decrying his lyrics as misogynist and sexist.

“Kendrick prides himself as being a ‘conscious’ or ‘woke’ rapper yet, I’ve found that his commentary on black women is hardly that,” said Twitter user named Kaila. “In his new single, humble, he talks about want to see ‘something natural like [a**] with strech marks’ and that he finds these traits sexy.”

She added: “He neglects to voice any care for how women feel about their bodies and speaks on his selfish sexual desires… I’m not with it. Black women are not here for your visual or sexual pleasure. We are our own.”

“Kendrick has a rather patronizing, shallow way of looking at situations relating to women,” said another user, adding: “Matter of fact, I wish I could have a gender 101 class with all my fave male rappers.”

Journalist Sierra Mannie wrote: “Every time Kendrick Lamar minds a black woman’s business it’s wack and trite. Or all of his supposed brilliance that y’all assign to him it would be nice if he knew that black women didn’t exist on two spectrum ends”.

Refinery29, a fashion and entertainment blog, also weighted in on the issue, as writer Sesali Bowen claims only people with “the untrained eye” could think that the rapper’s lyrics “sound like an affirmative moment that encourages women to love their own bodies.”

According to “those of us who know better”, she says, “it’s actually just another example of Black men giving women directives on how to present themselves to the world based on what men find attractive.”

“The point Kendrick missed is that bodies do not exist solely to satisfy whatever version of attractive—natural or airbrushed—men have conceived. And for the record, Kendrick’s beauty standards aren’t revolutionary,” she added.

Not everyone was outraged with the rapper’s song though. “How dare Kendrick Lamar tell women he finds them beautiful in their most natural state! How dare he!” tweeted Chloe.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kendrick: Embrace your natural beauty. The hair and skin you were born in are beautiful.<br>Feminists: OUR BODIES ARENT HERE TO PLEASE YOU PIG. <a href="https://t.co/DkfKDJj3jJ">pic.twitter.com/DkfKDJj3jJ</a></p>&mdash; Will (@Iad3uxieme) <a href="https://twitter.com/Iad3uxieme/status/847778684870197248">March 31, 2017</a></blockquote><script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Muddy
04-04-2017, 02:09 PM
I think its a positive message.. WTF feminists? Why don't you grow some dicks so you can go FUCK YOURSELVES...

PorkChopSandwiches
04-04-2017, 03:21 PM
:lol:

:hand: They hate dick

Muddy
04-04-2017, 03:42 PM
They sticking something phallic up dem' holes...

deebakes
04-06-2017, 12:19 AM
:wtf2: