PDA

View Full Version : California murder suspect raises unprecedented $35M bail via friends

Teh One Who Knocks
04-06-2017, 10:24 AM
FOX News and The Associated Press

http://i.imgur.com/Irg0HZO.jpg

A California woman accused of killing the father of her two children is expected to be released from jail after posting an unprecedented $35 million bail raised by wealthy friends, family and business associates with ties to China.

Tiffany Li pleaded not guilty to murder and directing her boyfriend and another man to kill Keith Green and dispose of his body. Prosecutors say she feared losing custody of her children.

Li was arrested in May in Hillsborough, a wealthy suburb 20 miles south of San Francisco. She was reportedly arrested in May in her mansion that featured a fleet of exotic cars including a Rolls-Royce and Ferrari.

Li's attorney says people connected to her mother raised $4 million in cash and pledged $61 million property.

“I was surprised at the number of people that came forward,” her attorney said. “She is well-liked in the community and is a straight shooter. I think people believe she is not guilty.”

California requires twice the bail amount if property is used instead of cash. She must remain on house arrest and submit to round-the-clock electronic monitoring until her September trial if she's released Thursday.

“Somebody told me it’s one of the largest bails to be posted in the United States,” District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe told The Mercury News. “I have to imagine it’s one of the larger ones. Certainly for San Mateo County it’s without precedent.”

PorkChopSandwiches
04-06-2017, 04:31 PM
:shock:

Muddy
04-06-2017, 05:26 PM
#guilty

deebakes
04-07-2017, 01:53 AM
:wtf:

RBP
04-07-2017, 02:09 AM
No flight risk there...