PDA

View Full Version : Uber bans woman for life for purportedly threatening to accuse driver of rape

Teh One Who Knocks
04-07-2017, 10:53 AM
By Chris Perez - The New York Post

<iframe allowfullscreen="" src="//players.brightcove.net/4137224153001/ed38fae1-4db1-4308-8095-399a04010bc1_default/index.html?videoId=5387906843001" frameborder="0" height="348" width="618"></iframe>

The young Bronx woman who threatened to call police and falsely accuse an Uber driver of rape has been banned from the app for life, a spokesperson says.

Dash-cam footage, which was posted online this week, showed the female passenger furiously accosting the male driver for nearly 9 minutes — even going so far as to say “Donald Trump going to send you and your family back [to your country].”

“The behavior in this video is abusive and completely unacceptable,” an Uber spokesperson said in a statement.

“As our Community Guidelines make clear, this will not be tolerated by anyone who uses Uber,” they added. “The rider’s account has been banned and Uber is looking into this incident.”

In addition to threatening to report the driver for rape, the enraged woman was also caught on video saying she would punch herself in the face and tell cops he did it.

“You’re going to jail,” she repeatedly told him.

The exchange apparently started after the passenger asked the driver for an iPhone charger, which he didn’t have.

“If I don’t have a charger, politely ask me. I’ll politely tell you, ‘I’m sorry, I don’t have a charger,’” the man said. “But you start disrespecting me.”

Neither the driver nor the rider have been publicly identified.

deebakes
04-08-2017, 02:04 AM
:ffs: