PDA

View Full Version : Police: ‘Baby was crying too much,’ so sitter burned child’s feet on a hot pan

Teh One Who Knocks
04-07-2017, 11:31 AM
By Lynh Bui - The Washington Post

http://i.imgur.com/7RsybTr.jpg

A babysitter in Maryland frustrated with a crying infant put the child’s feet to a frying pan, causing blisters, burns and swelling, according to local police.

Ismelda Ramos-Mendoza, 36, of Bladensburg has been charged with child abuse, assault and reckless endangerment in connection with the baby’s injuries.

Bladensburg police were called Saturday to Children’s National Medical Center in the District, where hospital staff reported a 6-month-old child with severe burns to her feet, according to Detective Cpl. Charles Earle. The child’s parents told police that they suspected their daughter may have been injured when she was under the supervision of Ramos-Mendoza, Earle said.

During an interview with investigators Monday, Ramos-Mendoza initially said that the child’s feet “may have rubbed across a tortilla,” Earle said. Ramos-Mendoza repeated that explanation several times before saying that she became frustrated because the “baby was crying too much,” Earle said.

“Out of frustration, she placed the baby’s feet on the grill or pan she was cooking tortillas on,” Earle said.

Ramos-Mendoza was arrested and initially ordered held without bond, Earle said.

Online court records did not list an attorney for Ramos-Mendoza. The incident was first reported by WRC-TV (NBC4).

Blisters covered the baby’s feet, which also swelled from the burns, Earle said.

“Other seasoned police officers and investigators that have seen the pictures say it’s heart-wrenching,” Earle said.

Ramos-Mendoza has been a local babysitter for about a year or two, Earle said, adding that the department is investigating whether other children under her supervision have been harmed.

“My concern is that she portrayed this as an accident,” Earle said.

Goofy
04-07-2017, 01:06 PM
Jesus :wha:

deebakes
04-08-2017, 02:06 AM
i don't think that would STOP crying tbh :shrug:

PorkChopSandwiches
04-08-2017, 05:37 PM
Me either

Hugh_Janus
04-10-2017, 07:44 PM
you guys obviously know nothing about kids :facepalm:

deebakes
04-11-2017, 01:47 AM
:?

Godfather
04-12-2017, 01:24 AM
“Out of frustration, she placed the baby’s feet on the grill or pan she was cooking tortillas on,” Earle said.

You're supposed to cook the meat before you warm the tortillas or they'll just be cold by the time you're ready to assemble your infanticidoritos