PDA

View Full Version : Truck plows into crowd inside Swedish shopping center: report

Teh One Who Knocks
04-07-2017, 01:36 PM
FOX News

DEVELOPING – A truck as has driven into a crowd at a shopping center in central Stockholm, killing at least three people and injuring several, local media report.

Swedish radio said Friday that three people have been killed in the crash and Swedish broadcaster SVT says shots have been fired.

Swedish police said they have received calls about a person who has injured others driving a vehicle on the central Stockholm street of Drottninggatan.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-07-2017, 02:10 PM
FOX News and The Associated Press

http://i.imgur.com/w6sCxdW.jpg
DEVELOPING – A truck has driven into a crowd at a shopping center in central Stockholm, killing at least two people and injuring several on Friday, Swedish police said.

Swedish security services confirmed that at least 2 people were killed in what they said is believed to be a deliberate attack, according to Sky News.

Police confirmed that a lorry ran over a crowd at Ahlens city (department store) and that people were injured.

Spokeswoman Towe Hagg would not confirm the deaths or reports of shots fired.

"There are injured people but we have no further details on the extent of their injuries and the number of people injured," police said in a statement on its website.

Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Lofven said everything indicates the truck crashing into department store is "a terror attack."

http://i.imgur.com/IDljhZX.jpg

Swedish brewery company Spendrups, which owns the truck, told TT News agency that it had been hijacked earlier in the day.

"It's one of our distribution vehicles which runs deliveries. During a delivery to the restaurant Caliente someone jumped into the driver's cabin and drove off with the car, while the driver unloads," communication director Mårten Lyth said.

Homeland security officials say they are monitoring the situation in Sweden - truck mowing down pedestrians and reports of shots fired.

A witness said the truck came out of nowhere, Sky News reported.

“I went to the main street when a big truck came out of nowhere. I could not see if anyone was driving it but it got out of control,” the person said. “I saw at least two being run over. I ran as fast as I could from there".

The Swedish news agency TT said several people have been rushed away in ambulances, and live television footage showed smoke coming out of the department store that the truck smashed into

A witness told TT news agency: “I also saw people with blankets over them," he said. "The whole body was covered."

Europe has reeled from a string of terror attacks involving drivers ramming trucks into populated areas. In July 2016, a truck plowed into a crowd at a waterfront promenade in the French tourist hotspot of Nice, killing 86 people. Police killed the driver, Mohamed Lahouiaej Bouhlel. The Islamic State terror group claimed responsibility.

Just over two weeks ago in London, a driver linked to radical Islam crashed his rented SUV into a crowd on Westminster Bridge before attacking an officer on the grounds of Parliament. A fifth victim of his rampage died Friday: a Romanian woman who fell into the river below. Dozens of other people were wounded. The killer, Khalid Masood, was shot dead at Parliament.

DemonGeminiX
04-07-2017, 03:15 PM
Nope, Sweden's not having any problems with any of those refugees. Trump was completely wrong about that one. [/sarcasm]

Goofy
04-07-2017, 06:57 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that the driver was a sandal wearing, goat fucking muslimic extremist......... just a gut feeling i have :-k

deebakes
04-08-2017, 02:13 AM
:(