PDA

View Full Version : New York woman dies after pushing daughter out of way of out-of-control car

Teh One Who Knocks
05-15-2017, 10:41 AM
FOX News

A pleasant Mother’s Day for one New York family was turned upside down after a mother died moments after pushing her daughter out of the way of an out-of-control vehicle.

Police on Long Island said that Diane Aluska, 55, was walking next to her daughter, Jenna, in Lindenhurst when the driver of a 2005 Toyota Corolla lost control of her car, according to the New York Daily News.

The 80-year-old driver, Ann Riolo, did not put her car in drive as the car jumped a curb at around 9:10 a.m., Suffolk County Detective Sgt. James Murphy told the newspaper. Murphy said Aluska saved her daughter’s life.

“Her mom sees the car jump the curb, she actually grabs her by her shoulder and pushes her,” Murphy said. “She saved her life, without a doubt.”

http://i.imgur.com/J2QjZrx.jpg

Police said Riolo struck the mother and daughter then crashed into the Lindenhurst Fire Department. Aluska died at a West Islip hospital, while Jenna and Riolo were treated for minor injuries, police said.

According to Newsday, Aluska was pinned under the car and that bystanders came by to lift the car off her.

Murphy said he does not anticipate charges for Riolo.

“It appears to be non-criminal, just a terrible accident,” he said

Goofy
05-15-2017, 11:27 AM
:rip:

DemonGeminiX
05-15-2017, 05:47 PM
:rip:

RBP
05-15-2017, 05:54 PM
The 80-year-old driver, Ann Riolo, did not put her car in drive as the car jumped a curb

Can someone translate? What the hell does that mean?

Teh One Who Knocks
05-15-2017, 05:57 PM
Can someone translate? What the hell does that mean?

She put it in reverse instead

RBP
05-15-2017, 05:59 PM
She put it in reverse instead

I am having trouble picturing how this happened.

Hugh_Janus
05-17-2017, 06:40 PM
I'm thinking she was either parking or leaving the parking space and didn't put it in drive, panicked when she was going backwards and mashed the accelerator

RBP
05-17-2017, 06:45 PM
I think the article is just poorly written.

Hugh_Janus
05-17-2017, 06:50 PM
I didn't even read it, I just looked at the picture :lol:

RBP
05-17-2017, 07:00 PM
I didn't even read it, I just looked at the picture :lol:

#muddystyle