PDA

View Full Version : Businesswoman, 46, who called a family ‘f**ing s**ts’ on an Emirates flight to London and told crew to ‘give me some f***ing alcohol’ after downing five glasses of wine is fined nearly £1,000

Teh One Who Knocks
05-17-2017, 11:21 AM
By Alexander Robertson For Mailonline

http://i.imgur.com/mOtuTJg.jpg

A drunken businesswoman who called a young family 'f***ing s**ts' on a flight from Dubai and told crew to 'give me some f***ing alcohol' has been fined nearly £1,000.

Barbara Granger, 46, had downed five glasses of wine when she began verbally abusing other passengers sitting in the row in front of her.

Granger was travelling from Bangkok to London via Dubai last month when she lost her temper because she was not allowed to smoke or continue drinking.

She had sneaked a small bottle of wine onboard the flight on April 26 which was confiscated by airline staff, but she stole it back during the flight.

Staff on the Emirates flight were also forced to confiscate the businesswoman's E-cigarette as she kept smoking.

Cabin crew member Mr S Ismail was told to 'f*** off and give me some f***ing alcohol' during the seven-hour flight.

At Uxbridge Magistrates today, Granger fought back tears pleaded guilty to displaying abusive and threatening behaviour towards airline staff.

Granger, who runs a leather handbag company, was ordered to pay more than £1,000 in fines and costs but avoided jail.

Fiona Willis, prosecuting, said: 'She had been warned not to drink or smoke her E-cigarette while on board.

'Two hours into the flight the purser Mr Ismail approached her and said she could not have any alcohol and he was told to 'f*** off and give me some f***ing alcohol'.

'Towards a young family in front she said 'f**king a***holes, f***ing shits in front'.

'The E-cigarette was also taken off her and she was reportedly abusive towards staff.

'Ms Granger had a small bottle of wine and it was confiscated but she took it back again.

'She had drunk three glasses of mine from Bangkok to Dubai and had two more in the airport lounge, so five glasses in total.

'Police requested she leave the aircraft and in interview said she had been travelling for a long time.

'She said she had slept most of the way and does not remember any of her behaviour.'

In mitigation James Foster claimed Granger was 'extremely remorseful' and had moved to Thailand after her first partner had died of cancer five years ago.

He added it was 'fortunate' that Granger was not restrained and said she had taken a sleeping tablet on the flight and was intoxicated.

Mr Foster said: 'Ms Granger is extremely remorseful and has been crying in consultation, she was absolutely petrified as to what was going to happen to her.

'She lived in the UK for many years and had a company that made leather handbags with her partner.

'Sadly he died of cancer five years ago and she moved abroad to try and escape these difficulties.

'More recently she moved to Thailand and the reason for this flight is that she was intending on moving back with her new partner and they were trying to find a property.

'She had been flying for a long time from Bangkok to Dubai and from Dubai to Heathrow and had a sleeping tablet and was intoxicated.

'Fortunately the flight was not diverted at all and she did not have to be restrained.

'She had slept for the first hour or two and for the last she was fine, this is a part in the middle of the flight.

'She has had to cancel her flight back and she has been living with her partner, this is the address she has provided.

'Ms Granger is in receipt of a pension, she is surviving on £1,500 a month.'

Uxbridge Magistrates ordered Granger to pay a total of £1,102 and said she was 'lucky' they were being lenient.

Chairwoman of the bench Mrs Anuja Kania said: 'The offence that you are charged with is very serious.

'It could have turned into a very dangerous situation not just for yourself but for the other passengers and crew.

'You are very lucky today, this this happened again you can be in no doubt what the consequences will be.

'It went on for a very long time and it was potentially a very dangerous situation in a confined space.'

Ms Granger was fined £925, ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £92.50 and costs of £85.

DemonGeminiX
05-17-2017, 11:32 AM
f***ing s**ts

:-k

flaming scots?

RBP
05-17-2017, 11:35 AM
f***ing s**ts

:-k

flaming scots?

http://i.imgur.com/LaCM5cy.jpg

PorkChopSandwiches