PDA

View Full Version : Britain stops sharing Manchester attack intelligence with US after leaks continue

The Monk
05-25-2017, 11:20 AM
Details and crime scene photos have been handed to the US media (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/manchester-arena-attack-intelligence-leaks-britain-stops-sharing-uk-intel-salman-name-a7754676.html)

Goofy
05-25-2017, 11:42 AM
:|

The Monk
05-25-2017, 12:15 PM
Someone doesn't trust the US intelligence agencies under a certain someone elses rule.... :lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-25-2017, 01:22 PM
Actually, there's still a bunch of Obama's people in those positions. We haven't weeded them all out yet.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-25-2017, 03:49 PM
Getting there

Hugh_Janus
05-25-2017, 08:36 PM
is this obama's fault still?

redred
05-25-2017, 08:36 PM
Of course

Hugh_Janus
05-25-2017, 08:39 PM
I think I'm getting it now.... good things happening = thanks trump.... bad things happening = thanks obama

:tup:

DemonGeminiX
05-25-2017, 09:32 PM
I know you're being facetious but, yep, that's pretty much how it really is with us directly effected by our Presidents' policies. Obama was a piece of shit that hurt many, and Trump's trying to undo all of Obama's bullshit.

The Monk
05-26-2017, 04:45 AM
I know you're being facetious but, yep, that's pretty much how it really is with us directly effected by our Presidents' policies. Obama was a piece of shit that hurt many, and Trump's trying to undo all of Obama's bullshit.

:facepalm: -Trump is the man in charge and has been for 5 months - he's has to be the one to accept responsibility!! Even if someone inside the intelligence community is sympathetic to Obama, Trump is the man where the buck stops!!

lost in melb.
05-26-2017, 06:44 AM
:popcorn:

DemonGeminiX
05-26-2017, 06:55 AM
1) I'm gonna remember that every time somebody blames Bush for shit that happened during Obama's Presidency, including Obama.

2) It doesn't exactly work that way. It's a little more complicated.

First of all, our President is not King. He answers to Congress and the Supreme Court (and to us, when we vote in the general election). Technically, his power is very limited. But we can get into all of that later.

The real point is that it's not always easy to replace the previous administration's people. Sometimes, new Presidents just keep them because it's easier. There's hundreds, and if not, then thousands of people in jobs within different aspects of the Executive branch of the federal government (some people will say too many people making government way too big... I kinda agree, but again that's for another discussion to be had later). And a lot of those current employees are Obama's people... some are Bush's. Hell there may be some holdovers from Clinton's or Bush Sr's Presidencies. Anyway, as divided as we are as a nation now, and as unpatriotic as some people have become, and as "me first" as many people have become, you have to figure, that some of these people are going to do shit that violates their oaths and do it secretively. They're going to leak shit that shouldn't be leaked. And it's ridiculously hard to track down leakers. Almost damn near impossible. 99% of the time, you're not gonna catch them. It's a real sobering fact. That's just the way it is. We caught Bradley/Chelsea Manning by pure dumb luck. I still can't believe that asshole Obama pardoned that traitor.

Trump and his administration heads are gonna do everything they can to stop these leaks, but unless the people leaking this shit either get caught, quit their jobs and relinquish their security clearances, or find a new found love for their country and a new found respect for national security, then unless Trump and his heads figure out a way to stop these leakers through policy, it's gonna be like a very tired Sisyphus rolling a boulder up a very steep hill.

You can't blame Trump for this. Hell, I can't blame Obama. He had leakers during his administration that he could never find. It's people not believing in their own country employed in these highly sensitive positions. We need to get people believing in our nation and in national security over everything else again. People need to have respect for the job and the office.

RBP
05-26-2017, 09:02 AM
:facepalm: -Trump is the man in charge and has been for 5 months - he's has to be the one to accept responsibility!! Even if someone inside the intelligence community is sympathetic to Obama, Trump is the man where the buck stops!!

OH MY FUCKING GOD. Obama blamed Bush for 8 fucking years. Did you have a single comment about that? *crickets*

Goofy
05-26-2017, 09:35 AM
:popcorn:

Hugh_Janus
05-28-2017, 08:52 AM
:rofl: