PDA

View Full Version : BAGHDAD BLAST: ISIS Militants detonate bomb outside popular ice cream shop; 15 dead

Teh One Who Knocks
05-30-2017, 11:07 AM
FOX News and The Associated Press

http://i.imgur.com/etjoXCx.jpg

ISIS militants on Monday claimed responsibility for a deadly nighttime bombing outside a popular ice cream shop in central Baghdad where families with children were enjoying a late-night snack after breaking their fast for Ramadan.

Iraqi officials have raised the death toll to 15.

A closed-circuit camera video of the explosion shows a busy downtown avenue, with cars driving down the street when a massive blast strikes.

Then, a huge fireball engulfs a building, forcing the cars to scramble to get away. Videos of the attack posted on social media show wounded and bloodied people crying for help on the sidewalk outside the ice cream parlor.

http://i.imgur.com/mq6ZzzB.jpg

Al Jazeera reported that a number of those hurt were on the ground and propped themselves on colorful benches outside the shop. It is unclear how many of the dead were children, but the report pointed out that one girl, wearing a ribbon and bow in her hair, wandered around in an apparent daze after the blast.

Police and security officials say the explosion in the Iraqi capital's bustling Karrada neighborhood early on Tuesday also wounded 27 people. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity in line with regulations.

The Islamic State group claimed responsibility, saying a suicide bomber carried out the attack. Officials told Al Jazeera that the explosives were placed in a parked car.

"[ISIS] wants Iraqis to fear going out and this is to show they are still present and able to strike the heart of the Iraqi capital, even as they are being defeated on the battlefield," Hayder al-Khoei, a London-based Middle East expert, told Al Jazeera.

Brett McGurk, the U.S. envoy to the coalition against ISIS tweeted, "Isis [IS] terrorists tonight in Baghdad target children & families enjoying time together at an ice cream shop. We stand w/Iraq against this evil.”

Goofy
05-30-2017, 11:57 AM
ISIS Militants? You mean cowardly goat-fucking losers i assume :)