PDA

View Full Version : Police Hunt For Three Women Suspected Of Raping Man

Teh One Who Knocks
05-30-2017, 12:44 PM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/9Wai0iB.jpg

Police in Pretoria, South Africa, are searching for three women suspected of raping a 23-year-old man for three days.

The man told police that his nightmare began on May 19 when he hailed a taxi, which included three young female passengers, notes the Times Live. At some point, the taxi went off its route.

According to Police Captain Colette Weilbach, the man was told to come to the front of the taxi, and one of the women allegedly injected him.

"He stated that he woke up in an unfamiliar room on a single bed," Weilbach stated. "The female suspects then allegedly forced the man to drink an energy drink‚ before taking turns raping him numerous times a day."

Weilbach said the man was dropped off in an open field in the town of Benoni.

According to Weilbach, the traumatized victim received medical care.

"The South African Police Service (SAPS) take all sexual offenses seriously regardless of gender," Weilbach stated. "The Tshwane Central Cluster FCS assures all victims of these types of crimes that they will carry out robust investigations to bring offenders to justice."

Weilbach asked the public to come forward with any tips about this crime, and asked people to come forward if they have been victimized in a similar manner.

According to the Daily Mail, sexual violence and rape are an epidemic in South Africa where there are an estimated half-a-million rapes annually.

Rees Mann, of the South African Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse, said: "Male victims are much less likely than females to report sexual abuse because police don't take it seriously."

Mann said almost 20 percent of sexual victims are men.

In more South Africa news, Kevin Richardson is gaining a reputation as the "lion whisperer" at the Dinokeng Game Reserve, reports The Associated Press.

With his friendliness to lions, Richardson is trying to draw attention to a dark business in South Africa in which people pay to kill captive-bred lions in mostly confined areas, also called "canned hunting." A similar practice for tourists, willing to shell out the cash, is lion cub petting, which takes place in special enclosures.

"Today's lion cub becomes tomorrow's trophy and the unsuspecting tourists have blood on their hands," Richardson told the AP. "[Tourists] have been hoodwinked into believing that their contribution of funds is going into lion conservation."

Richardson manages 31 lions on his 3,200-acre property in the reserve. Richardson said many of the lions were rescued from companies that would have allowed customers to shoot them.

"I have been accepted [by the lions] as part of the pride," he stated. "But I have to be very careful. They are large animals and are very good at telling you how they feel."

deebakes
05-30-2017, 12:56 PM
were the women at least attractive? :?

RBP
05-30-2017, 12:58 PM
The Lion Whisperer add on reinforces the point that nobody takes this seriously.

RBP
05-30-2017, 12:59 PM
were the women at least attractive? :?

That's a good point, Moms often tell their daughters that it's okay to be raped by a hot guy.

deebakes
05-30-2017, 01:02 PM
:hand: hot guys don't rape :lol:

RBP
05-30-2017, 01:03 PM
:facepalm:

deebakes
05-30-2017, 01:03 PM
:dance: :cheerlead:

deebakes
05-30-2017, 01:04 PM
btw - i also didn't get the add on for "in other south african news" :|