PDA

View Full Version : Girl, 16, Charged With Fatally Stabbing Uber Driver In Lincolnwood

RBP
05-31-2017, 04:16 PM
CHICAGO (CBS) — A 16-year-old girl has been charged with murder, for allegedly stabbing an Uber driver to death on Tuesday in north suburban Lincolnwood [Chicago suburb].

Eliza Wasni, 16, has been charged with first-degree murder in the death of 34-year-old Grant Nelson, of Wilmette, and was scheduled to appear in bond court in Skokie at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, according to the Cook County State’s Attorney’s office.

Lincolnwood police Nelson was stabbed around 3:20 a.m. near the intersection of Touhy and Lincoln avenues. He was taken to St. Francis Hospital in Evanston, where he was pronounced dead around 8 a.m. Tuesday.

Nelson had just finished Memorial Day dinner with his family when he decided to make some extra cash and drive for Uber, according to his family. Described as a gentle and kind man with no enemies, Nelson’s father calling the killing random.

The ongoing investigation revealed Grant was working as an Uber driver and was dropping off a fare in the area when the attack occured.

===================

What. The. Fuck.

redred
05-31-2017, 04:21 PM
Wow :shock:

RBP
05-31-2017, 04:53 PM
Very unclear what happened, but that's not a bad area at all.

The Village of Lincolnwood has not experienced a homicide since 2006, when a murder resulted from a domestic dispute between two brothers.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-31-2017, 05:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bHRd7T2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sfp9swX.jpg

Eliza Wasni

Muddy
05-31-2017, 05:12 PM
Wigger.

redred
05-31-2017, 05:14 PM
Makes you wonder why, not that it matters but what race was the driver, in Bristol must taxi / uber are Indian / Asian

Muddy
05-31-2017, 05:18 PM
Drivers a white guy.. I can tell by his name.

Muddy
05-31-2017, 05:19 PM
If he were black the story would be penned with a completely different narrative..

Teh One Who Knocks
05-31-2017, 05:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/2fkx3CI.jpg

RBP
05-31-2017, 05:29 PM
This is horrifying.

redred
05-31-2017, 05:35 PM
how do you even think about protecting yourself they're sat behind you and you're looking at the road ahead

stay safe RBP

RBP
05-31-2017, 05:48 PM
I'll have to go back to working in a prison where it's safer. Jesus.

redred
05-31-2017, 05:51 PM
:lol:

Muddy
05-31-2017, 05:53 PM
This is why cabbies have barriers..

RBP
06-01-2017, 01:33 AM
LINCOLNWOOD, IL — A teenage girl accused of stabbing a 34-year-old Uber driver to death early Tuesday in Lincolnwood allegedly used the ride-sharing service earlier in the morning to go to Walmart, where she shoplifted a machete and a knife used in the crime, prosecutors said Wednesday. Eliza Wasni, 16, of Chicago, is charged with first-degree murder in what authorities described as a premeditated attack on driver Grant Nelson, 34, who was stabbed just minutes after picking Wasni up, prosecutors said.

Calling the killing a "random act of violence," Cook County Judge Michael J. Hood denied bond for the teenager, who allegedly attempted to steal Nelson's vehicle but crashed into a median almost immediately, according to the criminal complaint. Prosecutor Michelle Cunningham said Wasni then attempted to run, taking off her bloody shirt and fleeing in only a bra and leggings.

Hood said there was no relationship between Wasni, who suffered no visible injuries, and Nelson prior to the attack, which he called "extremely violent in nature."

In a criminal complaint, Cunningham outlined the timeline leading up to the fatal Tuesday morning attack. At 1:25 a.m., Wasni took her first Uber to the Des Plaines train station, according to court documents. She took a second Uber to a Touhy Avenue Walmart, where surveillance video allegedly shows her stealing a knife and machete, at 2:18 a.m., officials said.

She ordered her third and final Uber from Nelson at 3:18 a.m., according to court documents. Prosecutors said she attacked Nelson just two minutes into the ride. A fatally wounded Nelson also fled the vehicle, seeking help at a nearby apartment building, authorities said. A neighbor called 911 after hearing Nelson pounding on a door and yelling for help, according to Cunningham.

Lincolnwood police responded to a call of a man screaming for help near the intersection of North Lincoln Avenue and Touhy. They located Nelson, who suffered multiple stab wounds, after following a blood trail leading from the vehicle. Nelson was taken to St. Francis Hospital in Evanston, where he was pronounced dead shortly before 8 a.m., police said.

Lincolnwood police said they found Wasni behind a nearby building, hiding behind an air conditioning unit. Police Tasered the teenager after she refused to drop her weapons, according to the complaint. A shirt matching the one Wasni was wearing in the Walmart surveillance video was located at the scene with blood on it matching Nelson's, according to officials.

Nelson, who lived with his parents in Wilmette, was working as a driver for Uber when he was killed, according to police. Police said Nelson told officers his white, female passenger had just stabbed him.

Footage from the scene showed police investigating a blood-spattered gray 2015 Hyundai sedan with stickers for ride-hailing companies Uber and Lyft.

Although Wasni is a juvenile, defendants charged with first-degree murder are automatically tried as adults. According to her public defender, the 16-year-old lives with her single mother and attended Taft High School in Chicago. She is due back in court June 21.

https://patch.com/illinois/wilmette/wilmette-man-fatally-stabbed-lincolnwood

deebakes
06-01-2017, 01:40 AM
:wtf2:

RBP
06-02-2017, 03:52 AM
http://i.imgur.com/HXFN6va.jpg

RBP
06-02-2017, 03:57 AM
Taft High School Principal Mark Grishaber said Wasni was enrolled at the Northwest Side school for nine days starting Feb. 8.

Before and after the brief enrollment, Grishaber said, Wasni was "in and out of therapeutic hospitals."

"Her case manager told me she shouldn't have even been allowed to enroll at Taft, and hearing about this, I guess she was right," Grishaber said in a phone interview. "It's just so odd, and very tragic. ... I don't think anyone even knew who she was."

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20170601/norwood-park/girl-16-used-stolen-machete-kill-uber-driver-on-memorial-day-reports

RBP
10-26-2018, 01:54 PM
https://i.imgur.com/dBMcWQX.jpg

The lawyer for a Chicago teenager accused of killing an Uber driver with a stolen machete and knife wants her to remain at a juvenile detention center after she turns 18 in December.

Eliza Wasni’s public defender filed the request in court Monday, seeking to avoid her presumed transfer from a juvenile facility to Cook County Jail in a matter of weeks.

Assistant Public Defender David McMahon did not specify the reasons for the motion.

But since she was taken into custody — immediately following the hacking death of Uber driver Grant Nelson, of Wilmette, in May 2017 — Wasni has had dozens of disciplinary infractions in juvenile detention, prosecutors say. She’s been accused of attacking guards and attempting self-harm; at one point she was brought into court wearing a helmet because she cut herself after repeatedly banging her forehead into a wall, officials said.

As a result, her case has plodded along slowly, with a trial date still far off.

Wasni was 16 when, according to authorities, she stole a machete and knife from a Walmart in Skokie, hailed an Uber ride and, moments into the trip, attacked Nelson. He managed to run from the car but died of multiple stab wounds. He was 34.

When Wasni was found a short distance away, nearby was a bloodied Cubs shirt that officials said she was seen wearing in Walmart surveillance footage, on which she is also shown carrying the weapons she later stole.

Authorities have said the attack was “not provoked in any manner.” Wasni was charged as an adult with first-degree murder.

Prosecutors are expected to file a response to the defense motion on keeping Wasni in juvenile detention in November, with a judge’s ruling later.

Muddy
10-26-2018, 05:04 PM
I wonder what the hell made her snap?

Teh One Who Knocks
10-26-2018, 05:12 PM
When Wasni was found a short distance away, nearby was a bloodied Cubs shirt that officials said she was seen wearing in Walmart surveillance footage...

Ban the Cubs :hand: